Clear All

Looks mean.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by andymac0035 View Post
      Now you know........we are going to get our usual "winter's not over yet" march storm, just because you did that......LOL

Looks really good though!!
      I know, I just couldn't take the looks of the missing center cap. Actually the mercury logo cam unglued from the snap part, and came off somewhere out of town. Then the other fell off in the driveway. I need to re glue it, but also didn't want to risk any more falling off because they are like $30.00 a piece, it's bad enough I already need to buy one.
      "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
      1985 GMC 1500

Comment

NICEEEEEE!!!!!!!!
        1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Current - June 2016 POTM Winner
        1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
        1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
        1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2dr - Long gone

Comment

its for sure gonna snow now lol but hey, looks good!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
          1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
          1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
          2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
          2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
            its for sure gonna snow now lol but hey, looks good!
            Yeah, I just won't drive it. The snow/salt shouldn't hurt them though as they are clear coated. Plus the car is never going to see winter again after this one, so If one storm fudges them up I'll be pretty mad at the quality of them.
            "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
            1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Hey Robert, you wouldnt happen to be willing to sell one or two of your wheel covers would ya? My 87 is missing one...and yes I know they are a little different but they will look better then one black steel wheel lol.
              -2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Daily Driver - 17" Bullitt's, 235/55/17 Goodyear Eagles, Ex-NH State Police, best 1/4 mile time; 15.3 @ 90 mph
              -1987 Crown Victoria 2-Door - Project - 90k miles, Summit chambered muffler, Sunpro gauges, parked since 2010, fate tbd

Comment

Unfortunately no I wouldn't, just because I would like to keep them in case I ever need to put the car back to original. Otherwise I wouldn't care so much. I have found a site that sells them fairly cheap though, but Ill have to dig the info up for you. Ill get it tonight after work.
                1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Car is aligned! I think tomorrow or sunday I will put all the trim, minus the new front fender trim and the non existent rear fender trim back on. Something I should have done the day it came back from paint. Anyway she will look almost whole again. Im hoping Scott can pull through for me with the rear trim once the snow thaws as he is the man.
                  1985 GMC 1500

Comment

those do look like gt40 heads

i have several sets of hubcaps, but they are all the 88+ style

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Even if they are 40s I won't cry too much. Im having them ported and polished eventually so such is life. Im sure 87duecevic would be interested in them if they are cheaper than a new set.

Do you happen to have the center cap to a 91 merc hub cap? I need just one.
                      1985 GMC 1500

Comment

I got the dog leg pieces on, and the rocker trim. I think the car looks much better now.

1985 GMC 1500

Comment

That thing looks sexy mang! The trim for sure helps the looks of the car I would say.

Two questions. First where did you get those Radial T/A's becuase I went to tire warehouse a while ago and they said that the Radial T/A is out of production and I know thats bullshit.

And who owns that Regal/Olds in the background of that last pic?
                          -2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Daily Driver - 17" Bullitt's, 235/55/17 Goodyear Eagles, Ex-NH State Police, best 1/4 mile time; 15.3 @ 90 mph
                          -1987 Crown Victoria 2-Door - Project - 90k miles, Summit chambered muffler, Sunpro gauges, parked since 2010, fate tbd

Comment

Beautiful car.

I may have missed it, but what size BFG's are you running?

Comment

Question 1- Got those 4 months ago and one came from a different state because yes unfortunately they are being discontinued, however a similar model is being released I am told. My question is why fudge up something that is perfect as is. You cannot get a better tire for the money in my opinion. Check online I know there are still extras that need to be sold because they were not still in production when I ordered mine at Tire Warehouse, odds are dealers just cant get them.

Question 2- thats my moms 85 cutlass supreme. Its a Florida car, needs a little tlc, but has been a good rust free daily driver in the 10 yrs weve had it. It goes through motor mounts like nobodies business though.

Originally posted by monterey1962 View Post
                              Beautiful car.

I may have missed it, but what size BFG's are you running?
                              They are stock height and size. although the wheels are a half inch wider with no offset, so they fill out a bit more. Car gets a bit more dirt flung up, but Its not a huge deal. Im not sure what the stock 27" tires are on this car as Im not good with tire sizes I want to say p225/70 r15?
                              1985 GMC 1500

Comment

i run 225/70/15s on my lincoln. i think they are a good size for stock wheels.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                                1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                                1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                                2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                                2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Working...
                                X