No announcement yet.

1991 Grand Marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I may look into this stuff further once.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

The 3m is like $20 for a pint or whatever which is enough for about 10 seasons of it, I used maybe a 10th of a bottle on my car. Mothers and maguires make hand glaze as well, but I haven't tried it.
      "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
      1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Does this remove every minor speck of dirt in the paint like a clay bar does? I cannot see how it can do that without causing damage.
        ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

You have to clean the car first, then dry it with a shammy. The glaze will take out small specs, and it takes surface scratches out pretty much completely. I would reccomend getting the tar off first as it can smear. It isn't meant to take dirt out, but it wont hurt anything if every spec isn't gone. My understanding is that clay bars smooth the paint and take the old layers of wax off. I dont like the idea of touching my car with a clay bar... but like I said, Ive seen some nice shiny rides done that way. It is all in what you like. *hint... the waterspots left on your car if you don't had dry it before this will stay under the glaze if you leave them... so youll want to make sure it is hand dried.
          "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
          1985 GMC 1500

Comment

So I went for a ride and snapped some pics on some back roads.... the last one most people in keene probably don't know exists. There is an 80s crown vic always at the farmhouse at the base of the hill, he passed me on the way up heading into town so sorry no pics.

and after some photoshopping.....

1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Should throw some tint on that.
              79 Grand Marquis

Comment

I would, but you cant tint the front at all... and the police are kinda snippy around here about it. I think Im going to take the cats off and bang out all that useless internal junk though.
                1985 GMC 1500

Comment

I think that thing would look unreal with some limo tint all around, or even just on the backs.
                  79 Grand Marquis

Comment

Yeah it would... but until it isn't my daily anymore I dont want to deal with the police. At night the windows look solid black and it looks sick.
                    1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                      Ahh not again lol.
                      yes, we are going to get all your underhood wiring wet at scottfest

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Once the car is painted I swear I will clean it.

Car is looking great man. Nice areas by you.
                        ~David~

Comment

nice pics mang I love the backrounds

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                          302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                          k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Thanks.. I love the old dirt roads... but some of them are not to grand marquis friendly.... she gets me most places though.
                            1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Alright... this time I have some more interesting pictures... I present to you a completely re tuned ignition system.... except for the coil to distributor wire, I will explain after the eye candy.

And one that is not so blurry (sorry camera sucks at dusk)

A "glory" shot (she knows shes got some nice parts in her now)

Damn those raccoon eyes were the best investment yet.

Oh yeah here is our other panther...

Ok... here is how it went.. overall not as bad as I thought, passenger side sucked hairy burning balls of hell, but could have been worse. I didn't have to remove the motor mount an jack the engine up or any stupid retarded shit like that, just cut my hand on some brackets, and then had to scrub the grease out of my wounds after... Usually happens with everything I work on regarding vehicles so I am used to it. The coil to dist. wire was a "Make your own length" you can call me a vagina and say I wasn't doing it right all you want... but after 45 minutes of that shit for making one end... Fuck that I used the motorcraft wire until I can find a wire that I can just order and is the right length.

Also (this is quite funny, and ironic) Some fucktard put the wrong plugs in my car... so the NGK Iridium plugs I got were about twice as long (regarding the part that goes into the block). So I thought they sent me the wrong plugs.... went to a few different stores and asked to see the plugs for my car, all were the same as the NGK, and the lady at advanced auto looked up the NGK # and told me they were the right ones. This also happened on the TownCar, although it is a 4.6... some fucktard put short ass plugs in and we had a friend who worked at ford do the tune up... the plugs he got were twice as long. Long story short I bumped the engine over a couple times just to be sure... because I was not about to smack a piston into the plug... everything was fine and it cleared.

Car runs like a top now.. no hesitation and a little better response, which was more than I expected.

parts include...
                              MSD cap and rotor,
                              Moroso Blue Max Wires (beefy sons a bitches, anyone know where I can find wire looms for a 10mm wire?)
                              NGK Iridium spark plugs... $8.00 a piece, ouch.
                              Moroso HO Performance coil pack.

also did the coolant flush and changed the radiator hoses, thermostat, air and fuel filters last week.

While I had the air box off I cleaned the engine up a bit with some windex so P72ford would be happy (or at least pretend to be ).
                              1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Looking good im jelous of your plug wires I love those things. Crazy question are you H.O. or just have the name plate?

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
                                Big plans

Comment

Working...
                                X