No announcement yet.

1991 Grand Marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just the nameplate for now.. I know that is rice material, but Im in the process of polishing up the HO intake. I dont think Im doing the full swap though. Just going to go with a crate motor after college.
    "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
    1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Looking good. Those wires look like the size of my fingers.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Yeah, they are nice, brought one to the store to look for looms large enough to go on them, and the guy almost shit his pants when I told him they were from a 5.0, they didn't have any... but moroso sells blue max looms, so I will just order some.
        "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
        1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Enjoy.
          1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Sigh.. Speedo odometer gears took a dump... figure it is the best time to take the whole dash out and finally fix the air conditioner.... Im also wiring in a tach while I am at it.

Oh yeah I got a 1970 sun super tach for free from this kid I know. I asked him if he wanted anything for it and he said no because he got it for free and doesn't really have a use for it... It is sweet.

car will probably be down for a week or so because I have to work 40hrs the next couple weeks. and Ive never done a dash in one of these cars before.

Also found some fox body shorties... (with flanges from Y pipe still rusted to them) for $15 on craigslist... guy says they are in good shape, he is going to send me pictures. I figure I will snag them at this price and sandblast/paint them up and throw them in my parts pile.
            1985 GMC 1500

Comment

paint doesnt usually last on headers but i'd like to see an exception

nice tach. i love my sunpro but wish it were older style like that one. where you gonna put it?
              sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

stupid odometer gears.......got a broken one in skips 90 and the 140 spare is broken too.

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
                  paint doesnt usually last on headers but i'd like to see an exception

nice tach. i love my sunpro but wish it were older style like that one. where you gonna put it?
                  A-Pillar... I know paint doesn't usually last... But Ive got some exhaust paint, so I will see how it holds up on there. Im also looking at getting an air/fuel mixture gauge from sunpro.

Interesting fact is this tach came out of an AAR Cuda.... my friend was helping people move it and he said "thats a nice tach" the guy said good its yours, also gave him a set of keystone classics that he is running on his firebird now.
                  1985 GMC 1500

Comment

1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Wow you did great job!
                      1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - Current - June 2016 POTM Winner
                      1996 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
                      1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - SOLD
                      1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2dr - Long gone

Comment

that looks awesome. I wonder how it would look on an aero body.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                        Originally posted by gadget73
                        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                        Originally posted by dmccaig
                        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I was thinking about mounting additional blinker lights in the reflector of our Towncar... my dad was too. It would be a lot of work... but would look cool I think. I know Scott was toying with the idea, the wiring would be easy enough, you would just have to splice into another blinker major power is all.

It also lights up the brake lights from the inside out one at a time until all three light up and then it will stay for how long you hold the pedal. It gets some strange looks now, like "Is that factory?" or "what the hell is wrong with his lights?"
                          1985 GMC 1500

Comment

sweet!
                            i'm gonna try it to the 92 as soon as i can afford the units, which btw i just found for 60 bucks instead of 100

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

Comment

Originally posted by Lincolnmania View Post
                              sweet!
                              i'm gonna try it to the 92 as soon as i can afford the units, which btw i just found for 60 bucks instead of 100
                              Such is my luck... the sockets are the expensive part though... like $16.00 a piece.
                              1985 GMC 1500

Comment

nevermind it was only a 2 light setup.......i did find them for 94 bucks shipped on ebay tho

Comment

Working...
                                X