1991 Grand Marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bbk or ford racing unequal length shorty headers for a 86-93 mustang

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Nice ill be on the look out then.
      "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
      1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Heres some pics of the old brake components IE; the rotors and pads. They still got some life to em right?

"Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
        1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Ok heres some pics of after taking the old power steering pump off, had to rent a pulley puller from autozone though, cause ours didnt work right, put to much pressure on the outside and would have bent it. NJOI!

Took a little while maybe 2 hrs to do, although most of that was because Ive never done it before. Got the car in the heated garage though, so that was nice. Im getting the new pump tomorrow and ill let you know how it goes.

Oh yeah also heres the tire rack I built for the summer tires... Lots of work done this weekend, oil change, brakes, now the power steering. Anyway here was one of my other projects.

1985 GMC 1500

Comment

I didnt think I would ever like those rims, but that thing is beginning to look mean! Great looking car, great body on it too, nice find.
            79 Grand Marquis

Comment

Yeah shes getting there, spent a little while at the junkyard today and got a new power steering pulley of a 1990 p71, also a piece of trim wich upon close inspection is not so good. However Im eyeballing the 140mph speedo.... ah the things I dont need.
              1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Originally posted by 91grandmarquis View Post
                Yeah shes getting there, spent a little while at the junkyard today and got a new power steering pulley of a 1990 p71, also a piece of trim wich upon close inspection is not so good. However Im eyeballing the 140mph speedo.... ah the things I dont need.
                Get the speedo before it is gone into the crusher. Did it have the two gauges in the normal clock area? Were the swaybars still on it? All that stuff is good to take among many other things.
                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I have a sway bar, but wont have time to venture back out there till next weekend, however if anyone wants some p71 specific parts let me know, the speedo is mine but thats pretty much all I want. They dont crush cars there, its some guys yard and the city just yelled at him to clean up, its out in the boon docks so nobody really cares a whole lot. Cost me 15 dollars for a trim peice and pully, there are also some oil and temp gauges in there. Im not really sure whats all that different about them besides the chip and speedo. But yeah just let me know and if its not molested this weekend ill be taking a ride up to get that speedo.
                  1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Heres some pics of the new pump, along with some rainy day pics, still looks damn good sitting in the rain. Had perfect rust colored mud on the rear door, looked like it rusted through almost shat my pants, cause there is no rust on this car and Id like to keep it this way. Anyway exhaust clip coming soon too.

The various trim pieces...

and some rain shots...

And one more of my oh so precious hand crafted tire rack.

1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Ok the long awaited exhaust clip, at least for me.... They still have a bit to break in, and the camera didnt catch the really low growl it has but it does it some justice.

1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Sorry if i missed it, but what are you running for piping? Did you just mount your muffler onto the stock exhaust? Also, did you keep the catalytic converters and resonators on?
                        79 Grand Marquis

Comment

When I bought this car it had alumanized duals, with stock dual mufflers, and all 4 cats. I took it to the local shop and just had the magnaflow xl turbos put on. So its pretty much stock setup, however im going to be switching over to headers and x pipe and 2 high flow cats, plus with the new cam this thing will idle a but rougher and sound really nice. The video does the low rumble no justice though just kinda sounds like wind. Im guessing the pipe size is like 1.5 or 2 inches whatever was stock on this car.
                          1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Hmmm. I kinda like how it looks with no trim on the bottom.
                            2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                            2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                            2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                            1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

I have a sway bar, but wont have time to venture back out there till next weekend, however if anyone wants some p71 specific parts let me know, the speedo is mine but thats pretty much all I want. They dont crush cars there, its some guys yard and the city just yelled at him to clean up, its out in the boon docks so nobody really cares a whole lot. Cost me 15 dollars for a trim peice and pully, there are also some oil and temp gauges in there. Im not really sure whats all that different about them besides the chip and speedo.
                              Are you friends with this guy or did you just hear about it? I might be interestred in the sway bar. Is he in Keene?

Im not really sure whats all that different about them besides the chip and speedo.
                              The chip thing is a myth, if its the 5.0 its just the standard lopo. The box police interceptors (which were P72's) have a stiffer suspension with rear sway bars, oil and trans cooler, dual exhaust, 140 mph speedo, and some had the oil and engine temp gauge (I dont think all of them did). Also some...rather most, had the 351W in them, which was carbed I believe all the way up to 1992.
                              Last edited by 87DeuceVic; 01-28-2010, 05:00 PM.
                              -2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Daily Driver - 17" Bullitt's, 235/55/17 Goodyear Eagles, Ex-NH State Police, best 1/4 mile time; 15.3 @ 90 mph
                              -1987 Crown Victoria 2-Door - Project - 90k miles, Summit chambered muffler, Sunpro gauges, parked since 2010, fate tbd

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
                                Hmmm. I kinda like how it looks with no trim on the bottom.
                                I do to except stans missed a spot painting and the pins for the trim are still there.
                                1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Working...
                                X