No announcement yet.

1991 Grand Marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a really sleak way to install a voltmeter that just so happens to involve the flashing LED you are eying. Basically you will run direct power from the battery (to get the most accurate reading possible) to the voltmeter and for the ground, that will be connected to the empty pin of the relay (pin 87) so that the meter only work with the key in run or accessory.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Nice I may think about that, but I am not sure I want to add any more gauges. I like the interioir as is.
      "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
      1985 GMC 1500

Comment

I understand. Your cars are not gauge friendly.
        ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Yeah even the modern tachs lack the elegannce and feel of the era, and that kind of stuff annoys me for some reason. We have a modern tach on our boat, because it needed a new outboard. Its a 69 starcraft, and that modern gauge in the wood dash just looks so out of place.
          "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
          1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Originally posted by 91grandmarquis View Post
            Gotcha. Thanks.
            If you go the mechanical route, save yourself some headaches later and get the copper tubing and run that from the engine. Once away from the heat, now you can use the nylon stuff the gauge came with. You're gonna need more hose anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
              If you go the mechanical route, save yourself some headaches later and get the copper tubing and run that from the engine. Once away from the heat, now you can use the nylon stuff the gauge came with. You're gonna need more hose anyway.
              I made it with one nylon tube. And mine didn't blow up yet :nana2:
              ~David~

Comment

Im not sure I want to use these gauges anymore, If anyone is interested make me an offer. If they are any use to anyone on here. I think I want to keep the interior stock, except for the speedo and lighting.
                1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Can you post up a picture of the back side of the gauges? I wanna see how everything is.
                  ~David~

Comment

Sure thing, after I get home though. Im in web design right now.
                    1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Ok here are the pics of the cluster per request....

1985 GMC 1500

Comment

yikes. I gotta pass on that.
                        ~David~

Comment

Ok here is some more eye candy as well.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01524.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	131.5 KB
ID:	1260279

Name:	DSC01523.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	127.8 KB
ID:	1260280

Name:	DSC01522.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	137.0 KB
ID:	1260281
                          1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                            yikes. I gotta pass on that.
                            Yeah that's fine, I don't have a use for them though so if anyone else does, drop me a pm.
                            1985 GMC 1500

Comment

are you getting rid of that vic cluster?

me rove you rong time.

it's the fuel gauge i want mostly but i'll take the whole thing if that's the way it goes
                              sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

No Im only getting rid of the extra gauges, not the speedo, that is going in next weekend, sorry for any confusion.
                                1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Working...
                                X