No announcement yet.

1990 country squire resto/lowrider in UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peculiar taste in cars I have, thats for certain..............!

Thanks for the comments guys!

Heres the new trans pan installed. Looks far better than before!

Right. Game time.
    Guess the 2 things I was painting on top of this board!....

Andy.
    www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

That does look sharp! Awesome work, truly awe-inspiring!

sigpic
      - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Car is looking great!

Originally posted by andyfanshawe View Post
        Right. Game time.
        Guess the 2 things I was painting on top of this board!....

Andy.
        Differential cover and.......... Upper intake manifold?

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
        1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)
        1982 LTD Wagon (R.I.P.) -|-1984 Grand Marquis LS(R.I.P.)

Comment

Not to shabby my friend, not to shabby at all. Cant wait to see this thing on air. Ive always wanted to do it, but mine is leaning more toward a drag set up. Anywho way to go keep it up.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
          Big plans

Comment

Originally posted by FatNasty View Post
            Car is looking great!

Differential cover and.......... Upper intake manifold?
            Quite correct young sir

Thanks for the compliments guys. More to come.

Andy.
            www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

I cant wait to see the finished pictures of this thing...
              79 Grand Marquis

Comment

Not posted recently due to a lot of boring fitting up to the engine. But here are the highlights!

Fuel tank first.
                I painted it very successfully with silver epoxymastic paint after days of preparation. Then I remembered that the straps that hold the tank in were also silver, so I painted the tank red!

Looks good!

Then I completely covered the top of the fuel pump and the top of the sender unit with didnitrol 3125 rustproofing fluid. They are not going rusty again!

Heres the tank installed-not a good photo but I like the contrast between the red tank and the silver straps

Before I put the tank back, I even removed the studs that the top of the tank straps bolt to, cleaned them up and reinstalled them with plenty of rust proofer before securing the tank with nylocs.
                Here's one of the studs being cleaned up in the vice

Andy.
                www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

Rear self levelling height sensor next.

Heres a series of photos to show its progress. Note the sticker that I had to mask off carefully!

and the finished product!

Andy.
                  www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

Steering box next.

Heres the mucky beast with the pitman arm puller on waiting to do its job!

Cleaning up and painting time

Here it is installed with all the other steering components just cleaned up. I will paint them later in the summer. One outer tie rod is on the limit of its wear, so I will replace it soon.

The bottom of the core support looks ugly with surface corrosion, so I'll tackle that later this summer also.

Heres an interesting find. The steering box splines have grinding marks on them. No doubt due to someone wanting to replace it and not being able to get it off, so cracked open the grinder!! Went a bit too deep!

Andy.
                    www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

you should of sealed the inside of your gas tank. gas tanks rust from inside out, this product from eastwood is good it cleans all old gas and it seals the tank also at the welds.

eastwood gas tank sealer kit
                      Attached Files

Comment

Andy, when you're not media blasting, what are you using to clean up everything? Sand paper alone or are you using a stripper of sorts along with it?

sigpic
                        - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Good Lord! I need to watch the readers rides more closely. This is fantastic Andy.

Solid name you've got there as well.

1991 CV LTD LX Stock 5Xk

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarquis View Post
                            Andy, when you're not media blasting, what are you using to clean up everything? Sand paper alone or are you using a stripper of sorts along with it?
                            Yes, just sanpaper, wire brushes, air grinder and good anti rust paint. Oh and good old fashioned hard work! Plus the deox c rust proofing crystals.

Andy.
                            www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

so is this thing gonna 3 wheel?

Comment

Originally posted by jayh View Post
                                so is this thing gonna 3 wheel?
                                haha,:smirk: i would think no. not with bags, little lone shockwave bags. which by the way man, they dont lay as low as a out board shock. but it might not matter because your not notching the rear.
                                my regal with bags took a bit of speed to get her to pop on 3.

Comment

Working...
                                X