No announcement yet.

1990 country squire resto/lowrider in UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What does this wagon have on it for exhaust, Andy? pipes exiting behind the rear wheels would look great when its all done

What's planned as far as paint goes?
    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Originally posted by wagon mafia View Post
      ummm how are you going to match up the rear bumper?
      wouldn't a sedan bumper be a close fit?

I never noticed that either....it looks so much better the way you did it IMO
      Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
      New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
        Please tell me your going to remove the spare tire "hump". that is always one thing that annoys the crap out of me on wagons.
        Hi pantera77.
        I agree-the hump is already gone (see below).
        The bumper will be reshaped to profile the new panel and be put closer to the body.
        The exhausts? See picture below.

Thanks guys!
        Heres the spare wheel well removed completely

And the cardbord templates of the panels to fill the gap

Now just got to make them out of steel

Now then, one of my friends (Chris) has done a sketch of a possible finished product......

Have a look at this:

Not a bad sketch is it! He says he is available for custom sketches on any car of your desire. Send me a PM and he will do you one for a small cost.

Interesting design though!

Andy.
        www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

I like the paint scheme and the exhaust in the bumper. except on the paint I would do the roof the same color as the body.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
          Big plans

Comment

Probably a stupid question, but how do you make sure the car is symmetrical after performing major surgery like tilting the lower quarters inward?
            2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by hemihotrod402 View Post
              wouldn't a sedan bumper be a close fit?
              Here are some pics of a sedan bumper on a wagon: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showpost...6&postcount=10

Comment

Thanks for the link.
                The chance of me finding a sedan bumper in the UK is none!!

Don't worry, I'll mod the old one.

Andy.
                www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

thats how i wanted to my bumper on the coupe!!
                  sigpic
                  1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                    Probably a stupid question, but how do you make sure the car is symmetrical after performing major surgery like tilting the lower quarters inward?
                    A profile gauge!
                    In other words, a piece of card cut to the exact profile of the panel and then checked again on the other side.

Andy.
                    www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

I was actually just about to give the same answer lol. Cardboard is multi-functional.

I really like the re-shaped lower area. the spare tire well is sort of ugly looking in stock form, though a neccesary evil I suppose. Your mods actually look more factory than the factory stuff. What are you planning to do with the spare, use the "body well" under the cargo area, or just not bother with one?
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                        I was actually just about to give the same answer lol. Cardboard is multi-functional.
                        I'll bear that in mind!

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                        I really like the re-shaped lower area. the spare tire well is sort of ugly looking in stock form, though a neccesary evil I suppose.
                        Only sort of ugly? It's positively horrendous! And even after owning the same wagon for 12-plus years, you never really get used to it. I'm very glad to see someone with a real plan for eliminating it.

I'd always figured on tossing my spare in the cargo well, though that'd rule out the possibility of running third-row seats. Though, I suppose a compact spare might be considered an option ... those take up essentially no space at all.

Comment

I have no idea what everyone is saying when they mention the spare tire well...never crawled around a wagon before. But from the sounds of it, it's not a good thing.

Conti-kit anyone?? :smirk:

sigpic
                          - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post

I'd always figured on tossing my spare in the cargo well, though that'd rule out the possibility of running third-row seats. Though, I suppose a compact spare might be considered an option ... those take up essentially no space at all.
                            After a certain point, the kids are too big to ride back there, anyway, and the seat bottoms begin collapsing in the middle....

Comment

Also, TOTCG says once kids are no longer in small-child safety seats, the booster seats one can get these days are supposed to work oodles better if a three-point harness is available.

Comment

My kids wont be big enough for a few years yet, so the rear seats will be retained.
                                The horrendous spare wheel well and spare wheel is gone and won't be replaced.
                                I have breakdown recovery for any flat tyres!!

Andy.
                                www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

Working...
                                X