No announcement yet.

1990 country squire resto/lowrider in UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

venetian blind front end eh? That could either be incredibly cool, or horribly ugly depending on the execution. Its certainly an interesting thought though.

As for being outdated, consider this thing was designed originally in 1979 and got a minor facelift in 1988. We're not exactly talking modern design even when it was brand new. In 1979, most of the styling was based off earlier cars, so it looked old even then.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

If I could work with metal like this my car would have wings and a minigun/bar.
      sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Yeah, the styling is outdated, obviously; that's why I like it. I think the front end looks mean and classy at the same time. It looks alot better then all the gay smiley faces all the cars have now. (If you don't know what I'm talking about pay attention to the other cars as you drive. You'll notice that almost all have a stupid smiley face. I didn't use to notice this until my friend pointed that out...and If you look at older cars they have a serious look or a mean face.)

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
          As for being outdated, consider this thing was designed originally in 1979 and got a minor facelift in 1988. We're not exactly talking modern design even when it was brand new. In 1979, most of the styling was based off earlier cars, so it looked old even then.
          Yeah... pretty much any box panther could have been designed with a straight edge...
          **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
          **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
          **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
          **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by andyfanshawe View Post
            While I am messing about with tedious welding, priming etc, I have had time to think about the front of this car.
            To put no finer point on it, it needs redesigning. Too flat and too old fashioned.
            What I would like is to produce a concealed quad headlight arrangement. Behind a phantom gille, or even better, behind a venetian blind grille. In other words, turn engine off and the grille closes up leaving it all black. Turn engine on and it opens up.
            This may or may not involve scrapping the front nosecone/headlight panel.

Just a few thoughts for the time being........

Andy.
            It needs a fuller front clip, something that fills in under the front bumper....

Comment

Had a lot of bad weather recently, so been very limited working outside.

Anyway I decided to remove all the bondo and paint I put on the wheelarch and try to panel beat it all into the perfect shape without using any bondo at all!!! This meant cutting out and rewelding some of the patches I welded in before!

Heres the wheelarch in as close as I can get after about 4 hours tapping!!

Heres a new lip going in after reshaping

Here it is finish welded. Just need to cut the lip to width now.

Andy.
              www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

awesome...now three more times!!
                sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

looking good andy keep up the good work
                  '88' MGM wagon (mine and my sons toy)
                  "60" chrysler New Yorker (my project)
                  "78" Chevy 1 Ton P/U (yard horse)
                  "01" Ford Explorer (wifes DD)
                  "93" Chevy Suburban (my DD)

Comment

damm man i cant wait to see what it looks like when done , it coming along great !!
                    sigpicTHE H.I.D MASTER
                    87 mercury grand marquis
                    88 crown vic lx
                    89 mercury colony park ls (sold)
                    89 mercury grand marquis (sold)
                    00 ford crown vic lx hpp
                    03 mercury marauder aka punisher (sold )

Comment

You are definately way more ambitious than I am. I'd have cut the rust out, and put on some rubber 4x4 fender flares. LOL. Then again, I've never had the knack to shape steel like you seem to have either.

How is the glue removal coming?
                      Owner of the only known 5 speed box wagon with a lift kit.
                      AKA, Herkimer the Hillbilly SUV.

Axle codes
                      Open/Lock/Ratio #
                      -----------------------
                      G / H / 2.26
                      B / C / 2.47
                      8 / M / 2.73
                      7 / - / 3.07
                      Y / Z / 3.08
                      4 / D / 3.42
                      F / R / 3.45
                      5 / E / 3.27
                      6 / W / 3.73
                      2 / K / 3.55
                      A / - / 3.63
                      J / - / 3.85

Comment

awhile ago y'all were talking about what to do with the door mirrors on this car. Get rid of the stock ones and put some little round chrome ones out on the hood like this:
                        Not the best example, but
                        Originally posted by gadget73
                        There is nothing more permanent than a temporary fix.
                        91 Mercury CP, Lopo 302, AOD, 3.08LSD. 3g upgrade, Moog wagon coils up front, cc819s in the back. KYB GR-2 police shocks. Energy suspension control arm bushings. Smog deleted.
                        93 F-150 XLT, 302, ZF 5-spd from 1-ton, 4wd.
                        Daily--07 Civic Coupe. Bone stock with 25k miles
                        Wife--14 Subaru Outback. 6-speed.
                        95 Subaru Legacy Wagon--red--STOLEN 1/6/13

Comment

^Is that a VW??
                          '79 Continental Town Car
                          '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                          '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

no Volkswagen

For me that looks like a mid-sixties VOLVO Amazon from Sweden.
                            Some of them are around here in Germany, some got the so-called B-20 engine with WEBER dual carbs and are quite fast.
                            Volvo had won some remarkable rallye prizes with that car in the sixties.

Nice car and built really tough.

JoJo
                            Last edited by mgmgermany; 11-18-2010, 03:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mgmgermany View Post
                              For me that looks like a mid-sixties VOLVO Amazon from Sweden.
                              Some of them are around here in Germany, some got the so-called B-20 engine with WEBER dual carbs and are quite fast.
                              Volvo had won some remarkable rallye prizes with that car in the sixties.

Nice car and built really tough.

JoJo
                              volvo penta marine used this set up in boats too. its rare to see that carb set up. volvo made good stuff back then.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                              1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                              1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                              2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                              2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

After long hours at work and crappy british weather=this is where I'm at...

Heres the finished wheelarch painted white temporarily (protection from weather) with its coat of epoxy primer to further protect it.

I will flat the epoxy back next spring.

Heres a view of the underside where the ugly spare wheel well used to be

More in a minute!
                                Andy.
                                www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

Working...
                                X