No announcement yet.

1990 country squire resto/lowrider in UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panel made to butt fit where possible.....
    Perfect match just above my hand....

Fits perfectly at the back also....

and tacked in

Interesting views from the inside...

Look, no rust!

I'm going to see if I can fabricate the gas filler pipe next.

Andy.
    www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

wish i had loggin here a long time ago, took me a while to read a lot of this. nice hippy van in the back round
      f/s modded 99 s10 - $3500, F/s 90 accord - $450, f/s 84 Cutlass $2200, parting out another 90 accord
      86 LTD wagon - wifes back up car
      slammed 86 pontiac wagon - back up dd
      79 fairmont - DD

Comment

Got to get moving with this car - I need it complete for this summers cruising!
        So assuming I am going to use some fuel, I had better finish that filler pipe relocation off.

Here it is clamped in roughly the right place...

The light unit just touches the filler pipe cap with no room for the bulbs and holders. Which is just as well since they are going LED!

Here's a sequence of photos for you

Bracket made and welded to the pipe and discreetly bolted in with speed nuts (captive) and stainless cap head bolts

In roughly the right place..

[So its time to cut a hole. A BIG hole...

And a little more pipe welded on to reach

It was at this point I ran out of pipe, so I made some out of flat steel and clamped it in. I couldn't MIG it at this stage otherwise there would have been a big bang!! So I clamped it up best I can, removed it and welded it a safe distance away.

All in awaiting fully gas welding

That was quite tough to build. I'm going to lose the rear lockable compartment but who cares!

next I'm going to weld up the hole in the quarter where the old filler door used to be. I may use the filler door as part of the patch since it has the shape I want.

Andy.
        www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

so the filler will be accessed though the tail light opening? like them ol' 50s era cars?

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
          1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
          1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
          2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
          2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Indeed it will Sir!

Andy.
            www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

I like that. Makes for a nice clean look.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

sweet! little details like that go a long way

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by andyfanshawe View Post
                  Indeed it will Sir!

Andy.

You are awesome.
                  sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Beautiful work man. Wish I had those skills.
                    YOU CAN NEVER HAVE ENOUGH RUBBER!!Just too much sheet metal!
                    -1969 Nissan Patrol(5.2L/NP435/NP208/D44HD/D60FF)
                    -1981 Ford LTD(5.0L/AOD/8.8)
                    -2001 Ford Escape(2.0L/M5)
                    Facebook

Comment

curiosu to see what you're gonna do to hinge/pivot the light assembly for access.

This is a very cool idea.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                      160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                      waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Andy sir,YOU HAVE MAD SKILLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        '88' MGM wagon (mine and my sons toy)
                        "60" chrysler New Yorker (my project)
                        "78" Chevy 1 Ton P/U (yard horse)
                        "01" Ford Explorer (wifes DD)
                        "93" Chevy Suburban (my DD)

Comment

Here is the gas door pressing in the quarter cut out.

I decided to not use the door as a patch since I fancied the challenge of fabricating a new patch! After a lot of cutting and measuring, and making a wooden former...and a few swear words...well, actually quite a few damn and blasts...here it is

Welding in next.

Andy.
                          www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

andy: 1

ford panther platform: 0
                            sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

I relocated the filler behind a tail on a fox mustang. I used the latch and electronic release from the car to latch and open the tail light. It was a car that had a gas door popper in the glove box from the factory so I just used the stock parts and some fab. Then when you pushed the button in the glove box the tail light popped open instead of the fuel door . Then I mad my own hinge. sort of copied a hinge from a suicide door set up. It moved the light out and away from the car as well as swinging open.

http://qualityairride.com/suicide-hi...plete-half-kit These are the hinges I copied. I just made them on a much smaller scale of course.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
                              Big plans

Comment

http://qualityairride.com/content/2000-s10-daily-driver this has some good views of the hinges

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
                                Big plans

Comment

Working...
                                X