1990 country squire resto/lowrider in UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thats what she said

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by PICKUP6772 View Post
      I say we all pay to have Andy moved to this side of the pond, so he can set up shop, and fix all our boxes!!!
      ==> ==>
      '79 Continental Town Car
      '90 Crown Victoria LTD
      '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

He's gotta set up shop down at Scott's place. They've got a ton of property down there, it could be a one stop Panther restoration headquarters.
        sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Thanks guys!

Don't think i haven't been busy 'cos i've not posted!! This bodywork is taking forever............heres why...........

Now top of A post is repaired, the top hinge is a rusty mess! here it is after it has been dipped in acid

I like the tide mark! I left it in for a week because I forgot about it. Oops!

here it is painted and installed

Which brings me round to the refitting of the doors and the PITA lining up of everything.

Did it all line up? Err.........................no.

I had to cut the frame clear of the rear door again because it was too far in towards the centre of the car when closed and forcing the top of the door out.

Serves me right for welding it up when the car wasnt fully assembled.

After what seemed hours, we have an almost good alignment between the doors and the rear quarter, apart from here....

The bottom of the rear door wants tapping in slightly to line up, A block of wood and a hammer will do here!

Here are the door gaps. I want them nice and tight.

I still like this view of the quarter with no fuel filler door there though! Smoooooth.

I have also spent hours on the drivers fender flatting and spraying - pictures tomorrow.
          I really hope it fits against the newly lined up drivers door!

Andy.

PS Anybody want to fly to the UK and help with a bit of paintwork/bondo flatting?!!!!
          www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

Wish I could do this level of work on my wagon. Yours looks incredible.
            Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Finally got the front fender back on temporarily. All lines up

Looks good being all smooth.

I now need to do the passenger side doors and fender, but need a bit of a bodywork break, so I have started to strip all the airbag wires out of the dash wiring and core support wiring.

Closely followed by all the airbag components also! If anyone needs anything let me know.
              Andy.
              www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

looks great coming along nice good to get rid of all that old airbag wiring don't want to have the death bag go off in your face. if you needed to do the heater core now would be a good time to do it lol

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

is that a mark 8 in front of the wagon?...thats kinda rare over there too huh?

Comment

Originally posted by gabegt90 View Post
                    looks great coming along nice good to get rid of all that old airbag wiring don't want to have the death bag go off in your face. if you needed to do the heater core now would be a good time to do it lol
                    Yeah definitely. Got one waiting. But the whole firewall will have to be stripped 'cos I'm cutting it up!!

Andy.
                    www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

Originally posted by t65neon5 View Post
                      is that a mark 8 in front of the wagon?...thats kinda rare over there too huh?
                      It is indeed. Well noticed! it is rare in this country - supposedly. Certainly interesting working on it! And finding parts!

Andy.
                      www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

I bet you can't just walk into your local shop and ask for a set of plugs and wires for it
                        sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

That's looking good Andy! I can't wait to see that thing in paint. The anticipation is killing me lol

I need whichever sensor makes the light flash 9 times, can't remember. But shipping across the drink might be a bit expensive.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
                            That's looking good Andy! I can't wait to see that thing in paint. The anticipation is killing me lol

I need whichever sensor makes the light flash 9 times, can't remember. But shipping across the drink might be a bit expensive.
                            Hi 1990LTD.
                            9 flashes is one of the front sensors. Left centre or right. Both my forward side ones are okay but the forward centre one is trash. Can you determine which one it is?

Shipping shouldn't be too bad. I'll get a quote if you like. You can have the sensor/sensors for free..................

Oops! Forgot to post a picture of the inside of the fender painted with 2 part epoxy rust encasulating paint. No way I'm having rust coming back from the inside.

As soon as I have channelled the body and know where the tire will sit, I can redesign the inner structure of the fender.
                            Andy.
                            www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

Moved the car over to the other side of my small garage using 2 trolley jacks!

Then started stripping out the rear doors innards and removing the fake wood trim from the front door

An old hair drier works well

Finally removed it all!

I'd forgotten how awkward it was to remove the rear door glass and quarter light! Finally got it done.

Here's a shot of the glass finally coming out and a reminder of the first move when I'm trying to get it back in!!

Got to get this car moving over the summer. I have 6 weeks off work so should, hopefully, get all the bodywork done and I can then move onto the channeling over the fall and winter time.

Andy.
                              www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

Andy, how are you dealing with the glue left behind by the fake wood?
                                Owner of the only known 5 speed box wagon with a lift kit.
                                AKA, Herkimer the Hillbilly SUV.

Axle codes
                                Open/Lock/Ratio #
                                -----------------------
                                G / H / 2.26
                                B / C / 2.47
                                8 / M / 2.73
                                7 / - / 3.07
                                Y / Z / 3.08
                                4 / D / 3.42
                                F / R / 3.45
                                5 / E / 3.27