1990 country squire resto/lowrider in UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you converting it to HO?
    2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
    2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
    Past Panthers
    1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
    if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Originally posted by tjc78 View Post
      Are you converting it to HO?
      Hi tjc78.
      No, not a chance. Don't need it, can't get parts anyway in this country and not necessary. I've got paint, wheels tyres, interior and air suspension to finance so every penny (cent?) is needed. And it will never be a daily driver.

Andy.
      www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

Gotcha, gonna be awesome either way. I was just curious!
        2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
        Past Panthers
        1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Comment

Gotcha, gonna be awesome either way. I was just curious!
          No worries.
          I've taken the decision to sell my beloved Lincoln Mark 8 to get this project further on. Not an easy decision but I need to do it. I wanted to build a radical car, one that is unique and not like loads of others. I've built trans ams, Camaros, cadillacs, cobras, lowered cars, designed and built digital instrumentation, but nothing like this. I have so many plans for this car, who knows if it will even make it. Or even if I'll make it.
          But cash is the fuel-without it, nothing goes.

Andy.
          www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

Had a bit of a break from the continuous welding and fabrication!......

But, back we are!

Here's the back passenger side rear wheel inner arch tacked back in 10 cm higher and slightly recurved tighter

This means that the back seat upper cushion will probably not clip into the catch, so that will need repositioning slightly.

Because its double curved, I filled up the hole with a few panels, not just one

We had a bit of snow today, enough to close most schools so I had a day off!

Andy.
            www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

Forgot about my fuel filter bracket in my acid bath!

This is what it looked like before

And this is how it came out

I'll weld that up the next few days, while the "welding the floor back to the bodyshell" continues into, what seems like its millionth hour...................

Andy.
              www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

are the toys and the BC Rich yours or your kids?
                sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
                  are the toys and the BC Rich yours or your kids?

When my kids are around the toys are theirs. But when they are not around................

Tell you what, those model cars that are lowriders/dubs are awesome! lets see if I can find a pic of one

Andy.
                  Last edited by andyfanshawe; 01-27-2013, 03:02 AM.
                  www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

That is actually kind of awesome. I've had to drive many a Chevrolet DisAstro van for jobs. The janitorial company I used to work for had like 4 of 'em...I don't recommend one for your next American car project LOL
                    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

That is actually kind of awesome. I've had to drive many a Chevrolet DisAstro van for jobs. The janitorial company I used to work for had like 4 of 'em...I don't recommend one for your next American car project LOL
                      Ooops! Oh dear. I've already built one! And loved it!

Andy.
                      www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

Over to rear drivers side wheelarch. Here we are tacking it all back together

Andy.
                        www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

mother of god, a nice Astro van! You need to start a thread on that bad motherfucker. Did you keep the 4.3?
                          sigpic

Comment

mother of god, a nice Astro van! You need to start a thread on that bad motherfucker. Did you keep the 4.3?
                            Hi 1990LTD.
                            When I built it, the thread at the time was huge! Obviously not on here though! Don't even know if the thread still exists. Sold on in about 2008/9 sometime. I kept the 4.3, just rebuilt it. Converted it to air suspension to lay frame!! And dig dash conversion. All hard work since I'm here and all parts are in the US! Nothing changes. Why don't I build a british classic.............? Because they are all horrible!

Andy.
                            www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

If you can, would love to see that thread. I did some Google action, but came up short.

thx.
                              Past Panthers

Comment

If you can, would love to see that thread. I did some Google action, but came up short.

thx.
                                Hi.
                                Try this... http://www.amvo.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4920

Andy.
                                www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

Working...
                                X