X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Monster_Addict
    wow u hit 1,000,000 views
    Wow! Have people got nothing better to do than watch me work

Hope I can take the pressure! Hope you all keep watching...............

Closed off part of the inner wheelarch.

Getting close to body off time. Just some finish welding to do. And engine block to paint and install and we are up and away.

Andy.
    www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

Originally posted by andyfanshawe View Post
      Thanks!
      2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
      2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
      Past Panthers
      1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
      if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

No quitting here I can tell ya!

Heads rebuilt - phosphor bronze valve guides, 3 angle valve seats..

Taperd plug fitted to seal off unwanted passages

Etch primer

and bright red!

Onto the engine-bored 40 thou over

Oil pan and timing chain cover next.

Andy.
        www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

Spent too many hours prepping and painting engine parts..

Oil pan...

Timing chain cover

Water pump etch primed

and painted red

This weekend its back to the welding!! I'll see if the back seat will fit and if my head catches the roof! As if I'll be sitting there anyway.....

I know for certain the back seat rear squab wont latch because they are in the wrong place!

Oh, and the throttle pedal welded back in its new place would be a good idea...

Andy.
          www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

looking good Andy!!!!!!!!!!!
            '88' MGM wagon (mine and my sons toy)
            "60" chrysler New Yorker (my project)
            "78" Chevy 1 Ton P/U (yard horse)
            "01" Ford Explorer (wifes DD)
            "93" Chevy Suburban (my DD)

Comment

All hard work since I'm here and all parts are in the US! Nothing changes. Why don't I build a british classic.............? Because they are all horrible!
              Andy.
              Andy, only the ones without Ford V8's...lol. Just sat down and read this entire thread start to finish...amazing, the amount of work and years of dedication are impressive, as are your metal working skills. Like so many others, I'm eager to see how it looks when you're done....I know how much I hate metal work on cars...makes me appreiciate what you're doing that much more!

Good luck,
              Don
              '85 CV coupe- 351W, T5-Z, FAST Ez-Efi, shorty headers, 2.5" duals with knock off flowmasters, 2.5" Impala tails, seriously worked GT-40 irons, Comp 265DEH cam, 1.7rr's, Mallory HyFire 6A, Taylor ThunderVolt 50 10.4mm wires, 75mm t/b, 3G alt swap, 140mph PI speedo, PI rear sway bar, '00 PI booster/MC, 95-97 front spindles, '99 front hub bearings/brakes, '92-'94 front upper control arms/ball-joints, 3.73's with rebuilt traction-lok, '09 PI rear disc swap, '96 Mustang GT wheels with 235/55R17's.

Comment

Originally posted by sick88tbird View Post
                Andy, only the ones without Ford V8's...lol. Just sat down and read this entire thread start to finish...amazing, the amount of work and years of dedication are impressive, as are your metal working skills. Like so many others, I'm eager to see how it looks when you're done....I know how much I hate metal work on cars...makes me appreiciate what you're doing that much more!

Good luck,
                Don
                Thanks Don.
                Keep watching.................

Finish welded the rear wheel arches and trial fitted the seats

The stop on the drivers side was slightly out so just needed pushing over slightly (you may be able to tell)

Slightly out of line on the passenger side

So off it comes

And in its new position

www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

Ok. Confession time!
                  Tried to fit brake pedal box but it wouldn't fit. I welded the firewall up without bolting it up to check! Yeah, I know.........should have known better.

So, had to cut across my welds and pull the firewall out at the bottom a bit

Then making sure the pedal box is in, cut out the plates I so lovingly welded in before (serves me right).

Pedal box in as first plate is welded in

Oh dear!!! Soon be back though!

I've also just got my block and tackle pulleys to hoist the body off the frame very very soon!!

Andy.
                  www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

Don't feel too bad Andy. I doubt anyone here would have made it as far as you have. You seem to have gotten it fixed though.

The brake box, and vacuum booster is a pain to get to even on a stock car. Then again you've got the dash out of yours so maybe it isn't such a neck breaker to get to at the moment.
                    Owner of the only known 5 speed box wagon with a lift kit.
                    AKA, Herkimer the Hillbilly SUV.

Axle codes
                    Open/Lock/Ratio #
                    -----------------------
                    G / H / 2.26
                    B / C / 2.47
                    8 / M / 2.73
                    7 / - / 3.07
                    Y / Z / 3.08
                    4 / D / 3.42
                    F / R / 3.45
                    5 / E / 3.27
                    6 / W / 3.73
                    2 / K / 3.55
                    A / - / 3.63
                    J / - / 3.85

Comment

Fitted timing chain cover, water pump, oil pan and crank pulley and harmonic balancer.
                      Why has the water pump got to be such a PITA thing to fit?
                      Small block chevys are a damn site easier!!

Fitted my block and tackle in the roof and took the strain!

Intentions are to pull the engine off the stand, fit the flex plate and install the engine. Then hoist the body off the frame, wheel out the chassis and finish weld underneath. Then paint entire underside and bolt back permanently to the frame.

Then its painting green time!

Andy.
                      www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

Isn't it just typical...... when you want some help to do a quick car job, everybody disappears. Especially when it involves a bit of work-like helping to put an engine in.

So on my own it is.........

After a short time it was in. No swearing, cussing or anything like that. Just a smug smugness!!

Tomorrow its starting to hook things up like trans shifter cable, heater, vacuum lines etc. But I can't hook the throttle up until the heads and plenum are on and I haven't got the head bolts till about Wednesday.

In the meantime, 2 more block and tackle pulleys to go up in prep for lifting the body off the chassis.

Andy.
                        www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

If you want the job done right, do it yourself!! I am, however, familiar with "good time friends only"!! Bobby

P.S. There is an "upside". No one else can take the credit when it is finished and looking/running great!!

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Hi Andy Fanshawe

Isn't it just typical...... when you want some help to do a quick car job, everybody disappears. Especially when it involves a bit of work-like helping to put an engine in.
                            I can't remember being asked

Regards

Dereck
                            President and founder of The Turbine Wheel Appreciation Society and Little Debbie Cake Connoissuer

Also "The Pondside Pain In Your Posterior"

Comment

Originally posted by Dereck View Post
                              Hi Andy Fanshawe

Regards

Dereck
                              I did but don't think you heard. Long way down to where you live!

Time to fabricate all the simple things on the firewall now. Starting with the hole for the Trans shifter cable and ECU slot.

After hours of messing about, this is what we have ended up with

Now at least I can refit the ECU bracket and shifter cable.

Now onto the parking brake. The hole where the cable goes through has moved up 10 cm so will no longer be any good - although I could cut up the bracket and relocate the cable.

and relocated about here

I'll post a photo of the finished product later on.

In the meantime, the pedal is too long!

Needs this much cutting off

And rejoined but had to be flared to match the contours

The almost finished product

Heater box next.

Andy.
                              www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

Hi Andy Fanshawe

Originally posted by Dereck View Post

I did but don't think you heard. Long way down to where you live!

Maybe you need to shout next time.

Regards

Dereck
                                President and founder of The Turbine Wheel Appreciation Society and Little Debbie Cake Connoissuer

Also "The Pondside Pain In Your Posterior"

Comment

Working...
                                X