X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remember this rusty thing?

That was acid dipped to look like this?

Well I welded it up and painted it. Now it looks like this

Funny how the simple little things like this are really pleasing!

Onto my hood release cable. Not to make it too simple, I drilled the right size hole through, then enlarged the sheet steel on the outside of the firewall to smoothly join with the emergency brake cable slotted hole!

From the inside

Heater box next!
    Andy.
    www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

That fuel filter holder is epic.

I see cancer behind that bolt/washer to the right of the 2nd to last pic. that just surface rust to be sanded and painted?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by slymer View Post
        That fuel filter holder is epic.

I see cancer behind that bolt/washer to the right of the 2nd to last pic. that just surface rust to be sanded and painted?
        Hi Slymer.
        Bit of surface rust there certainly. Wont matter because that part of the fender that bolted there doesn't exist now anyway! So it will be welded up.
        Well spotted though.

Had an optimistic completely mad thought that the heater box would just about fit! Never know, just MIGHT......

Well, did it fit? Err,......no. Not a piggin' chance. Why did I even think it might?

More photos to come-as if anyone else will do something as stupid as this!
        Andy.
        www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

Bolted the heads down on the block so I can start to see where various things need to go! Photos soon.

Meanwhile for a break from the metal fabrication, its seeing if I can get the heater to fit time!

First the "air inlet assembly ducting" as its called in the shop manual.
          This thing

Here's a temporary fit and you can see where the bottom of it is touching the firewall before it sits flush

So I need to cut the bottom off so it has a chance of sitting flush.

Here's the cut line planned to completely flatten the bottom

Here's my airsaw in action

Here's the bottom cut off flat

And a side view looking across the bottom showing the flat profile

I'll make a new base and bond it in, then produce a water drain hole.
          Then its onto the other heater boxes...
          Andy.
          www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

i have yet to see a lowrider wagon.. much less a Ford product.. i cannot wait to see this finished product!
            Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
            Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
            Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

I've seen many lowrider Lincolns... a few slammed F-series... and of course, the lowered road hugger mustangs... but yeah... this will definitely top dang near all of them... if not all of them, by a long shot.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Originally posted by marquis_82_withneons View Post
                i have yet to see a lowrider wagon.. much less a Ford product.. i cannot wait to see this finished product!
                I'll see if I can hop the pace of this build up a bit for you!! Need it painted this summer.

Andy.
                www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

Originally posted by slymer View Post
                  I've seen many lowrider Lincolns... a few slammed F-series... and of course, the lowered road hugger mustangs... but yeah... this will definitely top dang near all of them... if not all of them, by a long shot.
                  Hi slymer.
                  I'll try not to disappoint!

Been assembling the engine so I can trial fit the throttle linkage etc.

Back onto the heater box. Fabbed a closing off plate for the base and a water drain hole. Now its completely flat on the bottom and actually fits the firewall now!

and a view to the inside

Andy.
                  www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

Onto the A/C fan heater box that goes on the firewall under the hood.

I don't need the AC matrix now so I split the box open to remove it

The other side of the matrix (fan side) was filthy and partially blocked with debris

And here's some more debris in the case

What I intend do here is cut the box diagonally with a saw to remove the bulk and close it off with a steel plate and incorporate an oil pressure gauge in it perhaps! To show everyone what I mean, this is the exact thing I did when I built my 77 Trans Am back in the early 90's

Here's my saw in action

A trial fit and the base is touching the frame (just) so tomorrow I'll remove the bottom "bulge".

Andy.
                    www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

Holy shiz! That under hood pic is really nice. And I like the sticker, "dont brag it- drag it" lol.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                      1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                      2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                      2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
                        Holy shiz! That under hood pic is really nice. And I like the sticker, "dont brag it- drag it" lol.
                        +1 This

Comment

What do you do for a living? It seems you could make a bundle of money opening a shop for this kind of work.
                          2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                          2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                          Past Panthers
                          1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                          if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Hi tjc78.
                            I teach math to 11 to 18 year olds as a full time job, but I am qualified in many things.
                            Just enjoy building radical cars.

Andy.
                            www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

but I am qualified in many things
                              Well we can certainly see that in your work!
                              2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                              2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                              Past Panthers
                              1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                              if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Had to shorten the height of the box and then plastic weld a bit of it back together. Hopefully the pics will tell the story.

Steel closing off plate bonded in to the base and left to set.

Still got a flange to weld on and a corner to cut, but not far off finishing this bit now.

The main heater box that contains the heater core nearly fits!!! But it may as well be miles off.

Finally got the inlet manifold on and the fan and alternator, but it looks too tall to me! I will relocate the alternator down low on the other side and most likely use an electric fan.

Has anyone got one of PCM's these lying around? Need a spare just in case!

Andy.
                                www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

Working...
                                X