No announcement yet.

1990 country squire resto/lowrider in UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scott probably has 10 or so either at his place or within easy reach at the JYs nearby him. I have one spare for just in case for my 88 since one fried on me already...

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN7361.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	120.2 KB
ID:	1271825Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN7363.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	138.8 KB
ID:	1271826Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN7362.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	148.3 KB
ID:	1271827

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by slymer View Post
      Scott probably has 10 or so either at his place or within easy reach at the JYs nearby him. I have one spare for just in case for my 88 since one fried on me already...
      Hi Slymer.
      Thank you for that. I have contacted Scott.
      What caused your computer to fry?!

Andy.
      www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

that capacitor puked and nuked (leaked and shorted).

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Onto the inside heater box where the core is located. As you might expect. it doesn't fit, but its not far off.
          But this time I can't shave the box down because the flaps are too close to the outside of the casing, so there's no choice but to modify the firewall and trans tunnel.

Got to be careful I don't get too close to the top of the transmission if I ever have to pull the engine again!

Here's the largish hole!

I'll weld it up when I hoist the body off the chassis in a few weeks.

Here's a fabbed bracket bonded to the underside of the air recirculation box to secure the heater boxes together through the firewall (just to the left of the drain hole).

Fitted the plenum to the motor today, but the throttle cable was slightly too tight, so I spaced the bracket off the plenum about 10 mm.

I'll see how that works out with the engine flexing about.

Andy.
          www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

I'm liking the heater box mods! Looking far, far better than the way I attempted a comparable surgery. (I didn't mess much with the inside bit, though I did relocate the resistor block to the inside.)
            2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Right its shortening pedals time.

Here's the full length gas pedal

and here's the pedal shortened awaiting finishing and final welding

And bolted back into its new welded in mounting place

Now the brake pedal wants shortening

Here's a section cutout awaiting welding back together

and fully welded with the missing bit looking on!

Andy.
              www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

Don't know whats more painful, having a nerve trapped in your back with the inevitable red hot daggers down my right leg all day, or trying to get this damn car to work again!

Anyway, back to the heater. Last job to do is the shrinking down of the lower centre air vent that directs air over the trans tunnel and down to the footwells.

This is how big it was in height

and this is the new lower profile design

Now thats finally done, its refitting dash (joy) and steering column and see if I can get the column to connect up to the steering box!

And servo removed to get access for cutting and welding.
                Here's the firewall cut out a bit more and ready to tack in position. The UJ misses the bottom of the servo by about 10mm! But it works and it steers!

Finish weld that up, strip it all out again and its hoisting up off the chassis for its final welding and painting underneath.

May even get this to the paint shop this year!!

Andy.
                www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

PAINT!!
                  Woohoo!

Comment

Now THIS is dedication!! Bobby

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Decided my next project already!! And this is nowhere near finished yet!

I want a 1977 Ford LTD with the 460 in it! I watched the first terminator film again the other day (for about the 50th time) and saw Kyle Reece hot wiring one and then falling asleep in it and dreaming of nasty things. Then proceeded to let Arnie punch through the windshield before abandoning it in a parkinlot and swapping it for a FWD caddy!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	i001158.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	1272038

Anybody else remember this?
                      Am I mad!!

Andy.
                      www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

I love the enthusiasm and dedication being used on this project, but it makes me feel lazy!

Comment

Hi AndyFanshawe

Originally posted by andyfanshawe View Post
                          Yes

Am I mad!!
                          Quite probably

Regards

Dereck
                          President and founder of The Turbine Wheel Appreciation Society and Little Debbie Cake Connoissuer

Also "The Pondside Pain In Your Posterior"

Comment

I want a 1977 Ford LTD with the 460 in it! I watched the first terminator film again the other day (for about the 50th time) and saw Kyle Reece hot wiring one and then falling asleep in it and dreaming of nasty things. Then proceeded to let Arnie punch through the windshield before abandoning it in a parkinlot and swapping it for a FWD caddy!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35534[/ATTACH]

Am I mad!!

Andy.
                            Yes, and yes!! So what's wrong with being MAD?? You have to be a little to hang around here. LOL

Comment

I want a 1977 Ford LTD with the 460 in it!

so i herd you like 77's

this is mine

Post pics of your car in here, works in progress, etc... Ford/Lincoln/Mercury vehicles only.
                              Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
                              Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
                              Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

hey Andy got a mint 78 2 door Town car you ship to that side of the pond !!!!! as long as they dont charge you by the pound!!!!!!LOL
                                '88' MGM wagon (mine and my sons toy)
                                "60" chrysler New Yorker (my project)
                                "78" Chevy 1 Ton P/U (yard horse)
                                "01" Ford Explorer (wifes DD)
                                "93" Chevy Suburban (my DD)

Comment

Working...
                                X