1990 country squire resto/lowrider in UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by grandwagon View Post
    hey Andy got a mint 78 2 door Town car you ship to that side of the pond !!!!!

What, what, what...? Tell me more.....

Andy.
    www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

Originally posted by andyfanshawe View Post
      Decided my next project already!! And this is nowhere near finished yet!

I want a 1977 Ford LTD with the 460 in it! I watched the first terminator film again the other day (for about the 50th time) and saw Kyle Reece hot wiring one and then falling asleep in it and dreaming of nasty things. Then proceeded to let Arnie punch through the windshield before abandoning it in a parkinlot and swapping it for a FWD caddy!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35534[/ATTACH]

Anybody else remember this?
      Am I mad!!

Andy.
      "Last Action Hero" was another Arnie movie that got me into the classics. There was a beautiful red '56 F-100 and a '63 Lincoln Continental in that movie that had me going; still has me going. It was the reason why I bought my father's '53 F-250 back in '94. Perhaps one day. Gotta finish the Crown Vic though; or a certain middle aged mother will be at the doorstep with the .45 and laser sighting. LOL

Packman

Comment

I'll try to post some pics when I get a chance but it is a sweet ride!!!!!
        '88' MGM wagon (mine and my sons toy)
        "60" chrysler New Yorker (my project)
        "78" Chevy 1 Ton P/U (yard horse)
        "01" Ford Explorer (wifes DD)
        "93" Chevy Suburban (my DD)

Comment

I have a '75 Ford Ltd 460 C-6 4 door, rust free Ca car I have had for about 15 yrs. In excellent shape I will be selling soon. It will not be cheap though. I will post pictures as soon as possible

Comment

Looking forward to the photos!

Last few jobs before body is hoisted off the chassis (again!)

Final welded up the steering column mount through the firewall

Had a trial fit of the wiper motor but it doesn't fit!! Touches the rocker cover and throttle cable and TV cable are in the sweep

So I will fit a kit car type one in this space

All welding completed on the firewall inside

Now its welding up a framework to support the rear of the car when I use 2 hoists

More tomorrow.
            Andy.
            www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

2 brackets welded up to help lift the rear of the car

Andy.
              Last edited by andyfanshawe; 04-14-2013, 09:55 PM.
              www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

Not been on for a bit. Can't believe how painful a nreve trapped in the back is! But it doesn't hurt there, oh no, just down my right leg.
                Anyway, doesn't appear to be getting any better so while I wait for an mri scan on monday (cant wait) I'm going to get on with it.

Bet you can't tell what I've done here!

Andy.
                www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

Sounds like you may be suffering from siatica. Bobby

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by miamibob View Post
                    Sounds like you may be suffering from siatica. Bobby
                    Sure am!
                    www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

My late Dad had it once and got a cortisol shot. It actually worked but as we all know, everyone is different. Hope you get prompt and effective treatment QUICKLY!! Let us know....Bobby

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Hi AndyFanshawe

I had that once and it lasted weeks, hurt like f*ck, I had some treatment from an 18 year old Thai masseuse, didn't help the siatica but sure did make me feel better

Regards

Dereck
                        President and founder of The Turbine Wheel Appreciation Society and Little Debbie Cake Connoissuer

Also "The Pondside Pain In Your Posterior"

Comment

Got to apologise to you guys - been diagnosed with a herniated disc in my back, so I have had to take it slow and steady, but I'm still going!

Working underneath the body for a few weeks now, so I have designed and built a custom car creeper to get me higher up. Photos tomorrow.

Got to start blocking holes up and reinforce areas under the floor where it has moved up 10cm.

First one here

and another one

Andy.
                          www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

It's amazing the amount of work needed for a body drop.

You have to literally cut the car in half the hard way!
                            1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                            Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Marquis GT View Post
                              It's amazing the amount of work needed for a body drop.

You have to literally cut the car in half the hard way!
                              Yeah, I had no idea!
                              2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                              2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                              Past Panthers
                              1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                              if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

We did a couple s10's in college. It is a ridiculous amount of fabrication.

'90 LX 5.0 mustang
                                Big plans

Comment

Working...
                                X