No announcement yet.

1990 country squire resto/lowrider in UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working on other cars? You are not allowed untill the wagon is done young man! Now get back to work!!
    '88' MGM wagon (mine and my sons toy)
    "60" chrysler New Yorker (my project)
    "78" Chevy 1 Ton P/U (yard horse)
    "01" Ford Explorer (wifes DD)
    "93" Chevy Suburban (my DD)

Comment

again... amazing work. I wish I had welding skillz like that. Solder no problem... but welding... need more practice.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Squire body on a rotisserie is neat to see! Didn't you have to cut a hole to get the tube through the dash, though?
        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

andy would you like a speedometer that reads in km/h? it's your for the cost of shipping if you so desire.

fuel gauge doesn't work but swapping yours is a simple matter.
          Last edited by 1990LTD; 08-26-2013, 12:54 AM.
          sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
            Squire body on a rotisserie is neat to see! Didn't you have to cut a hole to get the tube through the dash, though?
            Hi 1987cp.
            I did indeed. But it was cut already because the firewall was sectioned and the heater wouldn't fit!
            No biggie.
            Andy.
            www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

Today was an amazing day! after hours and hours of welding cutting grinding drilling and fitting a 12V winch, it was first rotate day!

Heres the chassis rolled out of the garage,

and.................

here's the country squire turned on its side!!!!

You can see how far the floor has moved in this shot

Bit of a crap photo this (must have been a bit shaky after watching my pride and joy turn in mid air!!

More tomorrow.
              Andy.
              www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
                andy would you like a speedometer that reads in km/h? it's your for the cost of shipping if you so desire.

fuel gauge doesn't work but swapping yours is a simple matter.
                Hi 1990LTD
                Thanks for the offer, but all the gauges will be custom designed digital readout.

Very much appreciated though. Sorry I can't accept it.

Andy.
                www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

Hi AndyFanshaw

I hope after all this effort you will be ditching the stock exhaust in favour of something a little more fitting, I particularly like the ones that exit under the rear quarter panel just behind teh rear wheels, maybe a dual on each side.

Hoping to see this project in the flesh soon, September 21st is penciled in at the moment

Regards

Dereck
                  President and founder of The Turbine Wheel Appreciation Society and Little Debbie Cake Connoissuer

Also "The Pondside Pain In Your Posterior"

Comment

Certainly does make it a lot easier. Lot of work to get the framework built though, and my garage probably will never be the same again - especially the roof!!

Loads of welding and fabrication today on the passenger floor and rocker.
                    This is the box section under the rear seats extended to the new inner rocker

Heres the complete floor reinforced section under the seat belt mount

More welding on the inner rocker extensions.

Completed rear frame mount

This is the sad looking rear floor area! The only rust left on the car. This will be cut out and redesigned to take the air tanks and/or nitrogen cylinders for the air suspension.

Andy.
                    www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dereck View Post
                      Hi AndyFanshaw

I hope after all this effort you will be ditching the stock exhaust in favour of something a little more fitting, I particularly like the ones that exit under the rear quarter panel just behind teh rear wheels, maybe a dual on each side.

Hoping to see this project in the flesh soon, September 21st is penciled in at the moment

Regards

Dereck
                      Hi Dereck.
                      You will be very welcome on that day.

Wanting to put both outlets actually through the bumper, but your idea is smoother and not visible.
                      Another thought is to put the rectangular exits through the rockers just in front of the rear tyres.

Andy.
                      www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

Not sure if I have pictures handy, but years and years ago I got some low-profile rectangular tips and put them in front of the rear wheels. I used supercheap offset/center mufflers with 180 degree bends into 90 degree bends, though it'd be cleaner to use a muffler with a funky configuration (or a short glasspack or Dynomax Bullet positioned well forward - or maybe in place of the catalytic converters like Mr Land Yacht did - or no muffler at all if that's how you roll). The result was all but inivisible - too bad one side's setup was destroyed when I accidentally drove over a parking barrier someone had perversely put right in the middle of a driveway.
                        Last edited by 1987cp; 08-30-2013, 06:08 PM.
                        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Amazing.
                          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Today was about finishing the inner rocker and making it as smooth as possible. This includes welding up the seat belt reinforcing panel and closing in the lower corner of the firewall.

Took a surprisingly long time. Didn't relaise that the lower firewall corners have 3 metal thicknesses and they all have to be done one at a time. I'll photograph it when I do the other side. Got too involved this time and forgot about it!

Rear inner wheel arch tomorrow and its on to the other side.

Andy.
                            www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

Hi all. Still here!!
                              Have spent a massive amount of time on the final welding. Rear wheel arches, rockers etc.

Finally finished the rear arches, now waiting seam sealing

Here's the welding penetration through into the C pillar.

Just noticed that the rear quarter is seriously close to my garage roof!! Dont forget it is on its side!

Heres the front seat reinforcing plate on the underside removed because I didn't like the rust stains around/under it

And heres the new 3mm thick one bonded in and sealed Actually didn't weld for more than 10 minutes!

Rear floor and battery holder in next, then I'm going to prep and paint the roof while it is on its side and its easy.

Andy.
                              www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

awesome as usual

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                                Originally posted by dmccaig
                                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                                X