1990 country squire resto/lowrider in UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks rayc!

If you are changing a diesel engine on a range rover, you can't be that bad yourself!

Heres the LCA's blasted and etch primed. Don't want to powder coat these because they will be modified soon.

Heres the transmission x member media blasted and etch primed!
    You can just see the wagon in the background awaiting its frame! Only a couple of days away before it is reunited.

Andy.
    www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

im getting EXCCITEDED! !!!11!
      Ont And Canada PPL The Cookhouse in Dwight

91 Grand Marq . . . . . . 88 ho wagon (project) . . . . . . 80' Lincoln Mark VI

Comment

Now thats dedication! Those suckers must be rare to go through all this trouble.
        Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

wow. i love frame offs alot of work but sooo worth it.

i take it you dont plan to really lay out, as it on the frame. i must admit, i got exited when i seen "lowrider" in the title.. but then sad when i seen 20s

Comment

Originally posted by 351-lincoln View Post

i take it you dont plan to really lay out, as it on the frame. i must admit, i got exited when i seen "lowrider" in the title.. but then sad when i seen 20s
            HEY HE'S BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^^^^

awesome progress Andy. This thread is really informative as far as rust repair goes lol
            Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
            New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

Why sad when you saw 20's?
              Aren't you a fan of the low slung with biggish wheels tucked under?

Don't forget this will be on air suspension, so will be driven at normal ride height and then dropped down to about 1" lower than it would be on normal bump stops when parked. The wheels will then be tucked under quite well I think.

Andy.
              www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

Finally uncovered the frame and installed all the brake, fuel and air lines.
                All we've got to do now is carry it to the car!!

Andy.
                www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

I'm excited.

Nice weather for this time of year as well. Good for car fixin'
                  sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Originally posted by andyfanshawe View Post
                    Why sad when you saw 20's?
                    Aren't you a fan of the low slung with biggish wheels tucked under?

Don't forget this will be on air suspension, so will be driven at normal ride height and then dropped down to about 1" lower than it would be on normal bump stops when parked. The wheels will then be tucked under quite well I think.

Andy.
                    because its not a lowrider by many standards. how ever i do like the frame laying big wheel tuckin style, but i was expecting a lowrider. but its your ride so call it what you wish. please take no disrespect with me, i really like what your doing here.

Comment

because its not a lowrider by many standards. how ever i do like the frame laying big wheel tuckin style, but i was expecting a lowrider. but its your ride so call it what you wish. please take no disrespect with me, i really like what your doing here.
                      andy, you might want to check out his (351-Lincoln's) thread, if you haven't already its here
                      Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
                      New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

yea, its a beautiful lincoln. you custom low rider guys are prolly the only ones left that do that kinda work on these style cars. everyone else is busy restoring popular muscle cars. when saying its not someones style, there is no disrespect since both parties put in quality workmanship in their cars, thats why i admire them. did you bend the lines to fit the frame? im guessing you did, they look clean and neat. and did you use stainless grade lines?

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                        1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                        1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                        2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                        2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

It's so weird just to see a frame laying in the yard that color...can't wait to see more progress!

sigpic
                          - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Today is frame back day. So some muscle is needed. While I was waiting for all 3 helpers to arrive I did a few jobs.

First was to burn the centres out of the LCA bushes so I could collapse the outer shells and remove them.

Next was to paint the pins that go through the fuel tank straps. They have been in my acid bath so are rust free. A magnet comes in handy

The front core support to frame mounts have a spacer above them. They needs cleaning up and painting so I started prepping them and made a surprise discovery! They are adjustable!

Very clever bit of design.

Here's one of them etch primed and painted red to match the frame

Then it was time to get the car ready for the frame to go under. It needs to be slid in so something slippy like sheet plywood would be good. Our bedroom door has 2 of these sheets so out it comes and is stripped down! Hope my Wife doesn't notice! I'll put a better one on in the next few days. Heres the bedroom door gone!!

and here are the panels under the car

Here are the poly bushes ready to go

Andy.
                            www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

Haha that is hilarious.

Oh and I have those adjustable spacers on my car too!
                              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Muscle arrived so here we go!

Had to carry it over some bushes!

and over some steps!

and under we go

Andy.
                                www.lowcamaro.com

Comment

Working...
                                X