No announcement yet.

My 1983 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2-Door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the egr also helps fuel economy. in other words, dont block it off unless a reason comes up that you need to. like a power adder or something.

i still think if you just bought a new one you wont have a problem with carbon building up.
    1988 MGM GS - Preferred Equipment Package 172A; InstaClear

1980 Lincoln Continental Coupe
    1994 MGM GS Montigua
    2005 F150 Lariat Scab 4x4 3.73 LS
    2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

well added more trans fluid and the car runs great and no more slipping. I mean the cfi is now in perfect working order no hesitation or stuttering and no stalling for the moment.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
      -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
      1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

well here's the car after being clean last night. This is how she looks for now. Also a clip of my new exhaust note which is nasty.

exhaust video

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

-Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
        1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

more pics

Comment

sounds awesome!

1994 MGM GS Montigua
            2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

Looking good Matt. Just one little tip regarding your tips. Too make the install a tad cleaner you can always flip the exhaust clamp around and have the threads pointing up so they are not in sight.
              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

i can't flip the clamp due to a special type of hanger it is holding on for hanging. May flip it to the side at least.

Comment

clean that steering wheel... car looks good

1980 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Signature Series
                  351 4 bbl, AOD, 3.08 open
                  duel exhaust with cherry bombs

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_LSS View Post
                    clean that steering wheel... car looks good

steering wheel is clean as it can get. That's how badly worn out the leather is. I need a new steering wheel.

Comment

after fixing the oil drain plugs yesterday and putting new ones on the car has no more of an oil leak. It has officially stopped leaking. I am so happy now that i am not losing my oil anymore.

Comment

i think you should paint your wiper motor glossy black.

1994 MGM GS Montigua
                        2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

that wiper motor may be going it acts wonky every now and then like stopping in the middle of a cycle then continuing and not always parking. I want to see if i can convert over to the 1988-1991 Wiper motors if thats possible.

Comment

well today i finished a little mod i wanted to rig up. I had in my trunk 6 GM Four Note Horns from a cadillac deville and a buick park avenue ultra. Today i wired them up with my stock horns for a total of 8 Horns. Sounds like a Train 8 went by and it will also show drivers not to cut me off. Pics in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by MattsGrandMarquis View Post
                              well today i finished a little mod i wanted to rig up. I had in my trunk 6 GM Four Note Horns from a cadillac deville and a buick park avenue ultra. Today i wired them up with my stock horns for a total of 8 Horns. Sounds like a Train 8 went by and it will also show drivers not to cut me off. Pics in a while.
                              we definitely need a video of that when you get time.

1994 MGM GS Montigua
                              2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

definite vid material

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                                Originally posted by gadget73
                                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                                Originally posted by dmccaig
                                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                                X