No announcement yet.

1986 Ford Crown Victoria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the hunt for a good painter. Stay tuned.

George
    1986 Mercury Grand Marquis "5.0" (160,000)

2011 Ford Crown Victoria "4.6" (54,000)

2015 Jeep Wrangler JK Willys "3.6" (48,000)

Comment

Okay guys, so after school today I went to explore the Rest Haven/St Johannes cemeteries, both of witch reside within Chicago's O'Hare Intl' Airport. Now they were the subject of a heated proposal to be moved for runway expansion, but that topic has died down a bit..... for now. Its an odd scene, peaceful dirt road, birds, and pure quiet, and then, a huge plane takes off! Anyways here's some pics.

George

Comment

I flew in and out of O'Hare in the beginning of August. No idea they housed a cemetery.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

They literally have excellent signage on rt 19, and then the further you get in.... it just straight up stops, so its kinda like "hmm this gravel road looks slightly more promising". I don't think the idea of people being able to get within 25 feet of a active runway thrills them.

George

Comment

then they shouldn't have built an airport that close to a cemetery.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

nice!

Those are 15" rims correct? what center caps are you using that fits? they look sweet
              -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
                nice!

Those are 15" rims correct? what center caps are you using that fits? they look sweet
                Thanks!

Yep, 15'' inchers, and 205/75/15 tires.

Caps are from a 98 (?) Crown Vic Police Interceptor, got em from a guy on CVN

George

Comment

Nice pics. 225/70/15 would fill the wheel well nicely.
                  1991 LTD P72 351 W Restored Century Police (Ongoing Project) Sergeant Vic.

It's a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.

Comment

Yeap.. Ive Cruised down over there a few times.. But the Cemeterys by me are much cooler Haha

Comment

have you Chicago guys seen Resurrection marry lately? looks great by the way

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                      302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                      k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Originally posted by gabegt90 View Post
                        have you Chicago guys seen Resurrection marry lately? looks great by the way
                        Thats more chitownvic's territory, they have all the cool stuff. Other then the fact that he unfortunately lives on the southside.

George

Comment

Originally posted by Georges86 View Post
                          Thats more chitownvic's territory, they have all the cool stuff. Other then the fact that he unfortunately lives on the southside.

George
                          Yeah thats right Buddy Born and raised wanna make sumtin of it... Haha.. and I'm a Cubs fan... But like my Dad used to say the best thing about the North side is the Bus runs South

Comment

Wierd! There is an abandoned graveyard off of rte.22 in Springfield NJ that sits behind a small strip mall. Eerily quiet back there too despite a busy highway nearby.

Packman

Comment

Originally posted by chitownvic View Post
                              Yeah thats right Buddy Born and raised wanna make sumtin of it... Haha.. and I'm a Cubs fan... But like my Dad used to say the best thing about the North side is the Bus runs South
                              hahahaha funny that my grandpa used to say the best thing about the southside is a northbound bus

Originally posted by packman View Post
                              Wierd! There is an abandoned graveyard off of rte.22 in Springfield NJ that sits behind a small strip mall. Eerily quiet back there too despite a busy highway nearby.

Packman

Yeah other then the 8647434 planes taking off, you can catch a few moments of complete silence. Very odd

George

Comment

There is also a graveyard right in the middle of the Yorktown Mall parking lot. You can see it from Butterfield Road.

Comment

Working...
                                X