No announcement yet.

1986 Ford Crown Victoria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just black, I want to do it in red sometime down the line, but I didnt have any paint, and it looked really ugly before.

George
    1986 Mercury Grand Marquis "5.0" (160,000)

2011 Ford Crown Victoria "4.6" (54,000)

2015 Jeep Wrangler JK Willys "3.6" (48,000)

Comment

Some Pictures.

Comment

that tragedy of newly painted parts: It makes you feel compelled to paint everything around it.

Looks good mang.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
        160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
        waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

ah the skinny rear bar......even those are getting hard to find

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Looks good! Oh and you are having too much fun with the one wheel peel.
            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Thanks guys, and yeah I was walking around the junkyard, and dropped a socket, bent down to pick it up, and just went "Holy F*** that vic has a rear bar haha."

Also

@ the tire comment

LOL! I'm getting new tires on sat. just having some fun before they go!

George
              Last edited by Georges86; 03-31-2010, 07:46 AM.

Comment

Here are some pictures of the blacked out grille I got today in the mail from "wagon mafia" looks pretty cool, I think, and my new hood ornament!!!!!

George

After:

Comment

Looks great! I love the blacked out grilles and Matt did a nice job on that one.
                  ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                  My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                  My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                  But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                  my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Holy shit, How long did you hold that brake stand for? That tire is messed. I lit em up every day for about 3 months before I got new tires and still had tread. Anyway nothing wrong with that. Bar looks good.
                    "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
                    1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Thanks, its looks really good, im going to try and get some better pictures tomm. It looks especially tough at dusk.

And hahahaha, that my friend is a summers worth of brake stands, but there was the mother of all burnouts last month that sealed the deal for that tire, there are still hunks of rubber melted to the underside of the car The back tires are so dry rotted its not funny, I really should have replaced them BEFORE winter, but im 17, I know everything, right?

Also the car is going in for a new headliner next Saturday, I cant wait! 125 Bucks installed, not too shabby

George

Comment

That car is VERY clean for the price. I paid more than that for my 2-door and its a LOT worse off and when I bought it thing needed an oil pan, the blinkers didnt work and the rear brake lines were shot (I know I got screwed). Anyways, kick ass car and your doing good with the mods, shes comming along nicely and I am enjoying watching it unfold my friend!
                        Last edited by 87DeuceVic; 03-31-2010, 09:57 PM.
                        -2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Daily Driver - 17" Bullitt's, 235/55/17 Goodyear Eagles, Ex-NH State Police, best 1/4 mile time; 15.3 @ 90 mph
                        -1987 Crown Victoria 2-Door - Project - 90k miles, Summit chambered muffler, Sunpro gauges, parked since 2010, fate tbd

Comment

Thanks man I appriciate the encouragement. I got 2 new rear tires today for 125 Installed, not to bad! There Futura's not the best I know, but see the above pictures and tell me what you would have picked haha.

Comment

Originally posted by 87DeuceVic View Post
                            That car is VERY clean for the price. I paid more than that for my 2-door and its a LOT worse off and when I bought it thing needed an oil pan, the blinkers didnt work and the rear brake lines were shot (I know I got screwed). Anyways, kick ass car and your doing good with the mods, shes comming along nicely and I am enjoying watching it unfold my friend!
                            Ive noticed these cars are a bit more pricey up here. My rear quarters were gone and it needed a new vinyl top, and I paid 2500, although it came with only 36k miles on it
                            "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
                            1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Originally posted by 91grandmarquis View Post
                              Ive noticed these cars are a bit more pricey up here. My rear quarters were gone and it needed a new vinyl top, and I paid 2500, although it came with only 36k miles on it

Well here in Chicago there pretty darn cheap. Caprices are a lot more popular, and 70's GM products. No offense to anyone by saying this, but here its VERY hard to find a 70's/80's car thats not been donked out, or "Mexican-ified". Especially a box chevy or ford.

George

Comment

Some pictures I took after I washed it today

My Favorite:

George

Comment

Working...
                                X