No announcement yet.

1986 Ford Crown Victoria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love the two tone! You should clean up that diff cover too.

Comment

The last pic rocks the most!!
      '79 Continental Town Car
      '90 Crown Victoria LTD
      '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Keep it up!
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I see the brown dashpad is in. Did you dye it yet? Spotted 3 Grand Marquis in the Aurora U-Pull-It last weekend, an '88 and two '86/'87s if you are still looking for stuff. I took all the plastic retainers for the bottom rear window trim (for every one that came off intact, I probably cracked two, but I got enough of them now).
          Last edited by neums; 04-04-2010, 10:40 AM.

Comment

No I havent dyed it yet, but i got rid of all of the fading using some super old (can said use before 1/10/78) K-Mart Interior cleaner/protectant that was in my garage. I could'nt take the vibrating/creaking the old one did.

Where is the Aurora one at?

AND!

Thanks for all the postive coments guys! I am going to paint up the diff cover sometime soon for sure
            1986 Mercury Grand Marquis "5.0" (160,000)

2011 Ford Crown Victoria "4.6" (54,000)

2015 Jeep Wrangler JK Willys "3.6" (48,000)

Comment

The Aurora yard is on Plain Avenue, one block North of Liberty Street, between Eola Road and Farnsworth. You can take I-88 to the Farnsworth exit, go South to Liberty street and turn right. Make a left on Sartor, then a right on Plain. It is called Aurora Auto Parts ($2.00 to get into the yard).

Comment

Thanks man, I'm going to check them out.

Well I got my Duals done today!

2.25 Inch Piping

H-Pipe

Turbo Mufflers

All guarunteed not to rust out for the life of the car, for $285 out the door, not too bad! Work was done by Iggy's Custom Exhaust of Norridge, Ill (Been around for 45 years now)

Im really happy with it, quiet at idle, and sounds nice when you give it some throttle!

Pics

George
                Last edited by Georges86; 04-09-2010, 05:41 PM.

Comment

that's a great price. Does that include all the parts in that number?

The install looks clean too. Yay for old-school local shops that have pride in their work.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                  160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                  waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Originally posted by johnunit View Post
                    Yay for old-school local shops that have pride in their work.
                    +1 I'm having mine done by a local shop like that eventually

You should post of a vid of the exhaust, I'm dying to here it!
                    Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
                    New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

Originally posted by johnunit View Post
                      that's a great price. Does that include all the parts in that number?

The install looks clean too. Yay for old-school local shops that have pride in their work.

Yes thats everything. Parts Labor, the whole deal. I love this shop.

And yeah they insist on high quality welds, and having a clean look, they did my Montego too, could'nt be happier.

I'm going to try take a vid when the wind dies down a bit

George

Comment

Dang, that car is coming along very nicely!
                        Former panther owner
                        1981 CV 351 4bbl
                        1991 CV 302 EFI

Comment

Thats a good deal on the exhaust. Mine came with duals, and I just put the mufflers on and it cost more than that to have them welded in. Although the mufflers were a bit pricey. Your car is coming along very well. I love it. Oh you should cut those tailpipes back and throw some tips on there.
                          "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
                          1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Thanks guys!

And yes, I do plan to put some tips on in the future, I just want something low-key, not too flashy you know?

Also the headliner is getting done as I type this, Pics to come later!

George

Comment

I don't think mine are too out there, I would like them to tuck up under the bumper a bit more, but there are brackets in the way.

But I know what you mean.
                              Last edited by 87gtVIC; 04-10-2010, 12:07 PM. Reason: No posting pictures in others RR threads
                              "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
                              1985 GMC 1500

Comment

Yeah, I like your tips a lot, I'm looking around for some ideas.

So Heres my exhaust video! Sounds pretty close to how it does in person, what do you guys think?

Also I washed, and waxed the Vic today. Some pics..

My New dash / Headliner

George

Comment

Working...
                                X