Sly's Panthers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very nice!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

yeah... it's nice to have tires on there that actually accent the curves of the turbines rather than truncate them.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

New lifts on the trunk. It actually stays up with a little bit of means it instead of just barely after some persuasion. Check the numbers on the lifts... the new ones are different, but the main number is the same. The old ones are actually still good. I may use them to mod the GM for an easy open and actually stay up in the wind.

Pics:

Trunk open... and stays that way

Old lift:

New lift:
        Attached Files

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

ah right, early model with the gas shocks on the decklid instead of the torsion rods. That must have ended in 82. I've seen 83's with the rods.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

the "old" lifts were the first replacements I used.

The new lifts will actually lift the decklid all the way if you've just shut it. too bad they don't do that all the time.

Comment

MK VI tires

Originally posted by slymer View Post
              yeah... it's nice to have tires on there that actually accent the curves of the turbines rather than truncate them.
              What size tires were on there before? I've got 205/70/15's on my MK VI now. Ride and handling is pretty good overall.
              '79 Continental Town Car
              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

they were 205/75/15 Cornell 1000 (almost no grip wet or dry - sidewalls starting to crack... just crap tires)

fresh rubber much better.

Comment

new mod to the 88. My wife is using it as the DD and needs the trunk to stay up all the way when it's open to get stuff in and out for work. that's fine and dandy if there's no wind... but a slight breeze will drop it about 10 inches. Sooo...

all from parts lying around... so don't ask why I didn't use such and such bracket. There's also nowhere to mount it up on the deck either and I didn't want to take the back seat out to get at the rear deck to make a mount point.

one thing is for sure... it's gonna take a HELL of a wind to push that thing down now. like the order of 40mph +

not pretty... but as is my style... very functional. Plumbers tape to help prevent bending the bracket I did use.
                  Attached Files

Comment

For those that haven't seen it yet, here's the vid of the exhaust hole on the 88 (air injection pipe broke off the driver side cat)

My cousin welded it back together and welded the pipe shut.

He also welded shut the passenger side one.

Got the tail light assembly on the 88.

The old one with the star crack in it

also put the new lugs (gorilla) on the Mark. These are single piece lugs that won't fall apart and are long enough to be an easy grab with a wrench without actually contacting the wheel.

Attached Files

Comment

oooo your turbines are minty!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                      1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                      2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                      2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

they should be... they're brand new reproductions.

Comment

they should be... they're brand new reproductions.

Wait, they make those things?!? Meh, I'm happy with my current setup. Like your trunk mod. You can always say that it's some sort of custom bracket to keep the rear body from twisting from all of the hp. That's what I said when my father fab'd up an aluminum bracket for the window wiper motor in my Malibu. It looked like the fender braces found on the Panther wagons and Lincoln TCs, but at the back of the engine compartment. I used to get all kinds of questions about that bracket LOL

Packman

Comment

new mod to the 88. My wife is using it as the DD and needs the trunk to stay up all the way when it's open to get stuff in and out for work. that's fine and dandy if there's no wind... but a slight breeze will drop it about 10 inches. Sooo...
                            Reminds me, I still haven't figured out what's different about my P72 that the trunk pops open near-instantly and stays there. You hit the remote trunk popper inside the car and a half-second later the hinges go thwack. I've assumed the springs are just in a different notch, but for all I know it actually uses stronger springs than the '81 does.
                            2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

the bars on my 88 are in the middle notch. I have no delusions of grandeur to think that I can move them without any issues which is why I put in the lift. When the weather strip doesn't stick to the trunk lid, it will heave up and bang in about one second... but in a small breeze it will sag about a third back down. The next project will be getting some rubber stoppers for the bumps.

Comment

went ahead and stuck the mark badge on the mark. trimming foam tape with a utility knife is a PITA.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X