No announcement yet.

Sly's Panthers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

finally got the trunk to stay up on the Mark. seems the geometry on the lifts needs some adjustment... like the stock location is totally wrong. I made a temp-perm fix and will look at getting a mount point located on the wheel well, which would be better for the mechanical advantage.

The brackets are made of some punched angle steel. I folded it over to give it better rigidity (2 layers are better than one).

pics...

it even holds itself up at lower points too

I'll probably use a universal eyelet style bracket like this one: http://www.autopartsbylou.com/lift-s...item=to-brk285

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I always wondered about the geometry. Because years ago, I replaced mine with new ones and it still would not stay up.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
      1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
      2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
      2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Fixed the trunk on the Mark. Changing the geometry to a lower point didn't actually help, but that did allow fitting 2 sets on each side which actually fixed the issue.

Pics first, then vid at the bottom.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

always thought that was a bit of a sketchy design. Seems like it should have had a more powerful shock, or two weaker ones or something all along. I think Ford gave up on them after 82 or 83. The hoods retained the gas shocks but they seem to work on the hood for the most part.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Nice Jason!
            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Thanks. I like it when stuff works.

Comment

Nice!

Are those your stock 'rubber bands' holding your rear speakers in?

Pete
                For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
                1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
                1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

Certainly looks like it. I was able to reuse them on my 89 MGM way back when as well.
                  2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                  2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                  Past Panthers
                  1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                  if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

yes, stock rubbers.

Comment

swag

I got the license plate bracket too... but since it doesn't have bottom bolt holes... gonna have to drill baby drill. It's going on the vic.

Comment

ok... holes drilled and on the vic. Thanks again Ford for the sagging ass aero bumpers... still can see the web address though.

Comment

Originally posted by Piece-it pete View Post
                          Nice!

Are those your stock 'rubber bands' holding your rear speakers in?

Pete
                          i used the stock rubbers on my speakers as well....just barely fit
                          89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

it took some lube for the kenwood speakers in the Lincoln... but they slipped over finally.

Comment

Being not afraid to redneck rig much of anything... I re-engineered some radiator clips and a hard drive magnet to make a "stay put" for the driver side sun visor.

it requires persuasion to move the visor off the magnet.

pics:

Comment

Vacuum pump installed to augment the AC system. The relay rats nest will eventually be cleaned up after I source an aero vacuum box and relay sidecar complete with relays and wires. The one I had was leftovers and didn't have enough wires and only had one relay left.

The vacuum pressure switch is mounted to the upper tie bar near the radiator. This controls whether the ground is connected on the coil that supplies power to the pump.

near hose is exhaust and just dumps under the intake can. This is only to keep crap from building up on the hose barb... and a place to tuck the excess hose.

relay mess... fuel pump relay in the aero sled.

The relay that powers the pump. 12v on the coil comes from the red/green (hot in run) line. I may eventually add another relay that switches that line on when the climate controls are on.

AC vacuum reservoir tap

Comment

Working...
                                X