No announcement yet.

Sly's Panthers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backup camera installed in the Red Velvet Cake. Took out a vent for the monitor.
    Attached Files

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Recirculate switch to force recirculation and shut out the outside world completely no matter what setting is in use...
      Attached Files

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

This one is a 2 way, 3 port pneumatic switch, BTW.

Comment

Now that the subwoofer box is no longer in this car, I used my bad, but effective welding skills to relocate the anchor for the spare from the bottom of the trunk to the stock location. Last of my white rattle can to coat the mess after I wire wheeled it clean and then shoved everything back in. After I get the shed, I might actually have a place to store the extra tire.

Comment

Apparently the OD-OFF switch is on the same fuse as the instrument cluster and autolamp relay and a number of other things and the wires to the button fried... but not at the joint in the shift tube like is the usual issue. They melted to nothing about half an inch from the harness behind the knee panel. Replaced the wires to the harness and ran them to a test button I kept from the trailer lights I put on the "Extend-a-trunk" truck box on a cargo carrier. Works like a charm. Debating on labeling it. Probably not. I know what it is.

Pics:

Comment

And now time for fixes/mods to the beater gonna beat Mad Marquis...

A552 copper radiator and dual electric fan (V6 Contour/Mystique/last run Cougar). Universal coolant tank behind the bumper, because space. Low speed trigger on HVAC blower because the relay was there. High fan trigger on 99C sensor in the upper hose. Replaced the blower motor relay harness because small wires are melty and ran the fat wires up to the connectors so there won't be any melty on this harness. Blower is happier on high now too. Put my clamp meter on the power feed to the fans for giggles. High from dead stop pegs over 40A and run at about 27-30A. Low speed runs around 17-20A.

Pics:
              Fabbed up rad bracket - Grinder and paint make me the welder I ain't. (cept I didn't paint it and I'm going to replace it with a regular full size bracket later)

fans - the cage actually has mounts for the lower side supports of the fan that just set down. The upper bolt mounts I had to trim off, so I have a bolt on support up top that presses the fan to the radiator (no pics of that).

Coolant bottle - yes, access by popping grill out... meh

Kinda need a funnel to have any chance of getting coolant into that thing too

Comment

And now for more adventures of "Because I Can" by Sly

The PiClock is installed in the Cake now... here's a pic of the Altoids tin case and mounting behind the instrument cluster with lots of zip ties to arrange everything and keep the video cable from coming loose.

And a video of the boot up process. The screen switches between the backup camera (when activated) and this clock just fine.

Comment

found out why the LEDs were not working in the grill (the ones controlled by the "scanner"). The control box I had made was full of water. Apparently I didn't manage to seal it completely. The only thing I was able to salvage out of that was a relay harness. Bah. Everything else was corroded/rusted/soaked. The mosfets I figure are fried or so hydrated as to be shorted anyhow. Put in the new LEDs and wired them all together and controlled by the power switch in the dash for the old scanner. Car probably lost about 4-5 pounds in wire and electronics and another pound in water inside electronics.

some of the trash

the all or nothing accent lights

Comment

Pi Clock... take 2.
                    no rainbow screen or scrolling boot text and no more corruption of the RTC on boot up due to using UDEV instead of rc.local to init the time.

Comment

Very nice
                      1991 Mercury Grand Marquis LE SOLD

1972 Ford F100 Custom - 5.9 - Stock

2011 Ford Fusion SE - 2.5 - Stock

2018 Toyota Highlander XLE

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Now for some gratuitous scenery pics with the Cake and a few other pics from this past weekend in Leakey, TX and from around the "twisted sisters" hills.

Click image for larger version

Name:	S1040005.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	1280797Click image for larger version

Name:	S1040006.jpg
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	1280798Click image for larger version

Name:	S1040007.jpg
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	1280799Click image for larger version

Name:	S1040008.jpg
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	1280800Click image for larger version

Name:	S1040009.jpg
Size:	99.5 KB
ID:	1280801Click image for larger version

Name:	S1040013.jpg
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	1280802Click image for larger version

Name:	S1040014.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	1280803Click image for larger version

Name:	20161002_080554.jpg
Size:	111.5 KB
ID:	1280804Click image for larger version

Name:	20161002_080758.jpg
Size:	133.8 KB
ID:	1280805Click image for larger version

Name:	20161002_112218.jpg
Size:	138.8 KB
ID:	1280806

Comment

More
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	20161001_154616.jpg
Size:	122.1 KB
ID:	1280807Click image for larger version

Name:	20161001_154637.jpg
Size:	118.2 KB
ID:	1280808Click image for larger version

Name:	20161001_221130.jpg
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	1280809Click image for larger version

Name:	20161002_080554.jpg
Size:	111.5 KB
ID:	1280810Click image for larger version

Name:	20161002_080723.jpg
Size:	140.0 KB
ID:	1280811Click image for larger version

Name:	20161002_081241.jpg
Size:	121.5 KB
ID:	1280812Click image for larger version

Name:	20161002_081252.jpg
Size:	153.5 KB
ID:	1280813Click image for larger version

Name:	20161002_112110.jpg
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	1280814

Comment

Is.. is that rust on the decklid of the Cake???

Paint looks purty good still. I'm starting to wonder how the aeros stack up against the GM stuff of similar years. Never drove one of those. I did drive a '89 Caprice though. Blew it up on the expressway. That was comfy and rode well but I hated the filler neck; it was under the license plate. Don't know why the expected old timers with bum knees to get down there. I'm old enough to remember the mid 90's and I don't remember very many gas station attendants.
                              1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                              1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Nice scenery Jason. Cool places.
                                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X