Sly's Panthers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for all the praise guys.

I also wire wheeled the rust on the trunk and soaked it in naval jelly. After that was washed off, I air dried it with my compressor (90psi ftw) and then wire wheeled it again. It's got gray primer on it now. You still can't see it while the trunk is closed so I probably won't paint it properly until I have the funds to pay someone to do proper body work on it.

Also cleaned up and painted the fuel filler pipe I got from Lincolnmania (wire wheeled the bulk surface rust off, then navel jelly, cleaned, primered, painted flat black enamel). Will install the pipe tomorrow after it's had a good load of time to properly dry (kinda humid right now).

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

new (to me) fuel filler pipe installed... scratched the paint job I gave it... meh.
      Pic after the fact:

Attached Files

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

finally!

the mark is gorgeous
        1988 MGM GS - Preferred Equipment Package 172A; InstaClear

1980 Lincoln Continental Coupe
        1994 MGM GS Montigua
        2005 F150 Lariat Scab 4x4 3.73 LS
        2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

part numbers of the fans in the Mark...
          main radiator: Compressor Works/Radiator Fan Assembly 733700
          front A/C fan: Compressor Works/Radiator Fan Assembly 733680

autozone numbers

Comment

sweeetness!!!!
            89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

Mark looks good, love the seats in those.
              2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
              2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
              Past Panthers
              1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
              if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

got a good dusting today. about an inch. Nothing sticking to the roads though (except maybe bridges/overpasses). Pics of the MGM that doesn't have a slot in the garage:

Attached Files

Comment

holy crap...look at all that snow! state of emergency! lol

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                  1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                  1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                  2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                  2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

crap load of schools in areas that got more snow are already calling a snow day. I'll probably have to skate over a couple of bridges tomorrow to get to work. Meh... BTDT... that's what neutral is for.

Comment

and thats what the push bar is for! lol

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                      1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                      2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                      2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Looks pretty mean with the push bar.

sigpic
                        - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

that's the idea

Comment

Texas and snow. lol
                            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

yeah... buddy in CT got at least 15 inches of snow end of last week. I doubt I'll ever see such events here.

Comment

3g alt is in... pics tomorrow when I have more energy... and light.

Comment

Working...
                                X