Sly's Panthers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im jealous of all that greenery around you
    89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

yea! i think you want some of our snow and cold weather lol

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
      1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
      2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
      2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

that greenery was at the in-law's place. My place doesn't have that kind of space.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

suuuure... lol

Comment

here's the pics of my 3g installed.

the whole engine shot

the 3g alternator

the, now unused, 2g charge/sense wire fender connector

and the wiring mess near the battery

The white arrow points at the circuit breaker for the headlights and the blue arrow points at the sub amplifier power wire.

the only thing left to do is order some custom gates 6-rib belts so I can put the larger pulley back on the 3g. I had to put the 2g pulley on and get a belt made for the large case alt to get it all working.
            Attached Files

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

nice! this might sound weird but, to this day, i have no clue on what needs to be done to install one. its all greek to me lol

Comment

2g-3g... I got my 3g from a t-bird. I had to drill out the bottom hole for the bolt to fit through (1/2" drill bit)... grind off some of the bracket to allow a little more movement to the slack side... as for the wiring... charge cable to the battery... yellow wire to the charge cable... green/red wire is cut off the 2g and soldered to the 3g... bolt in and go.

I did have to get the 50.5" belt and use the 2g pulley. I will order some 51.5" (or something close to) gates 6 rib so I can use the original 3g pulley.

Comment

Nice work!
                  ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                  My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                  My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                  But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

you should a get a aero washer fluid bottle

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                    302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                    k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Originally posted by gabegt90 View Post
                      3g looks good

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                      302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                      k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Originally posted by gabegt90 View Post
                        yeah... kinda tired of the current one sliding around. I will do this eventually.

Comment

Got the new wheels on the Mark...

The old wire wheels are up for getting if anyone wants them. 2 are bent. one of the bent ones has the prettiest wires. one of the unbent ones has the loose wires. I'll let them all go for $200 + S&H (4 boxes @ 20 some pounds each). Just the bent ones? $20 + S&H. Just the good and round ones? $180 + S&H. The bent ones are bent at the lug plate and may be repairable.
                          Attached Files

Comment

205/75 tires? i would have at least gone with 215/70. preffered 225/70s lol how does the car ride, having ballanced wheels now?lol

Comment

rides smooth past 50mph (too it up to 75 on the way home from the shop). It was nice. I just re-mounted the old tires that came with the car. I will probably get the 70 series tires when these need replacing. Don't really have another 5 bills to spend at the moment. Just bought new tread for the vic and the tread is fine on these tires (like almost new).

Comment

Looks really nice with the turbines.
                                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X