X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, looks great!

Pete
    Originally posted by gadget73
    For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
    1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
    1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

ok... gauges... here's the pics. Also had to replace the original oil pressure switch since it was leaking through the sensor. New sensor on and no leaks down there any more (can't say that about the valve covers... but that's for another day).

pic of the wires... sans goop

pic of the wires with goop

pic of the oil pressure sensor "T"

and the gauges

and the video I posted over in the "what are you working on" thread.

I'll post more pics of the contraption I come up with to hold the ashtray up better.
      Attached Files

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

The T you made up out of a hardware store? Or did you find a complete kit or something. Looks really nice with keeping the factory sensor.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

just a string of parts from a hardware store.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

ok... made a spot for the tach. It's out of the way, yet still easily viewed... so no rice.

I got a speed clip and drilled a hole in the dash and screwed it on.

short vid:
            Attached Files

Comment

Interesting spot for the tach, how's it feel to look down that low while driving?

I was thinking about mounting a tach in the place of the left most vent...it seems like hardly any air comes outta there most the time. Similar in position, but higher and on par with the high of the speedo.

sigpic
              - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

I only glance at it just for grins if I'm hammering it... found out that my car does lose all grunt at 4K dead on in first gear. It's about like glancing down at the radio... so not bad at all. I'm not using it for shift points... so it's no biggie. If I was using it for shift points... I would definitely want it a little higher... and probably over the vent like you're thinking.

Comment

Eek, I'd smack that tach right off into next week with it mounting there. I've actually cracked my dashpad by hitting it with my knee!

Quite normal for the volt gauge to move with lights, HVAC, etc, depending on where it's attached (usually close to all of the above).
                  2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

^ What he said.

Mine moves a tad (not as much as yours do) even connected directly off the battery with the ground controlled through a relay.

Slymer..didn't want to try a hose clap around the steering column?
                    ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                      ^ What he said.

Mine moves a tad (not as much as yours do) even connected directly off the battery with the ground controlled through a relay.

Slymer..didn't want to try a hose clap around the steering column?
                      the tach is too big... it blocks too much stuff.

as for knee bashing... I only ever hit my knees on the steering wheel when I get in and out of the car. If it does become an issue... I'll move it in front of the vent.

I attached power to the run wire off the ignition switch and put a 3A fuse in-line to the gauges. The lights all feed off the dimmer line of the ashtray light. I have bounced the volt neddle pretty good, but with the car running, it's not dropped below 13V. Gonna try putting on some thumper tunes and see what the amp will do to it while I'm driving around. And I'm definitely making up a latch for the ashtray. any little bump will drop it right now.

Comment

ok... fixed the ashtray so it'll stay up now. Used a couple radiator fan shroud clips to do it.

Pics:
                        The ashtray pan hold down clip:

The "friction clip" that uses the pan to hold the ashtray up:

Video of the fix in action:
                        Attached Files

Comment

That works great.
                          ~David~

Comment

who needs MacGyver :p

Comment

Got the door moldings from TomO... Got the driver side pieces I needed installed.

Went to put the passenger side on... and that's when those bastard clips started breaking. So my passenger side is still sans the moldings for lack of clips.

I need some (dozen or so) more of the little bastards to get the passenger side on. I may even heat them up the next time (was already 80 outside - but heated to a more pliable 160-200F might help).

Little bastards:

If anyone knows of any other trim clips that can be used by drilling holes in the door (like older style wire clips) that are actually available... let me know.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Looks nice again with the molding. What part of the clip is breaking exactly? I am planning a trip over to PA next month and can get some for you no problem. Just let me know what exactly is breaking and I will try to not break it.
                                ~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X