No announcement yet.

My '79 LTD-S Tudor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That 79 is nice!!!!! and it brings back a lot of fond memories. I had a 79 S

the same color only mine had 4 doors. That car was a dream until the day

my girlfriend drove it. That night she slid on an ice patch and the rest of

the story as well as the car is history.

Comment

Nice and congrats on POTM!!! I was wondering where that car disappeared to. I like what you've done to it. Keep up the good work.

Packman

Comment

Does it have antique plates now?
        '79 Continental Town Car
        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Hey its nice to see my old car is in good hands..
          "Being a champion opens lots of doors—I'd like to get a real estate license, maybe sell insurance."-Mike Tyson

Comment

Sweet..
            2000 Crown Vic LX HPP Red w/3:55 Rears
            85 Crown Vic Stock w/HPP`s
            07 JCL 250 A Scooter
            79 to 91 Mercedes S Class W126 US or Euro Versions coming soon

Comment

VV? Really? That'd explain why my old boss never could remember that my '79 came with a normal carburetor ....
              2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
                Does it have antique plates now?
                Sort of. In Wisconsin, there is the option for a collector, hobbyist, and antique plate. There's not really any difference, but I am modifying the vehicle and it's already green, so I decided to put a correct hobbyist plate on it. Yay for never having to renew your plates, thus never having your registration revoked due to being uninsured!

Comment

I just got finished installing my new 1 1/2" drop rear springs, isolators, fully boxed rear PI control arms, and PI rear sway bar. I will install the 2" drop front springs, isolators, PI front sway bar, and new poly end links/sway bar bushings tomorrow and take some pics. Everything went well except breaking the driver's rear exhaust mount just before the axle when the old spring shot out and smashed into it (I just pushed them up and let them fly out of the way). Oh well.

Comment

Everything is in now, just waiting till monday for an alignment. I went ahead and installed new Moog lower ball joints after seperating the control arm too. It looks pretty nice after driving it for a little bit and getting the springs settled in. I will take some glorious pictures while it's all close to the ground and while its on the alignment rack so everything is visible.

Comment

This is the only car to win POTM twice, with both times being separate owners!
                      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Cant wait to see some pics!

I am sorry if you said this before but what type of undercoating did you use for the wheel wells?
                        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                          Cant wait to see some pics!

I am sorry if you said this before but what type of undercoating did you use for the wheel wells?
                          I used the 3M Professional Products rubberized undercoating. However, I am not as pleased with it as I was initially. I applied oven cleaner twice and scrubbed the living hell out of it after allowing it to soak for 15 minutes per application. Then, I washed it all out and blew it dry. I completed the prep by scuffing a few questionable areas and wiping everything down with denatured alcohol. There are still quite a few spots I had to touch up after they started flaking, and it was definately not a thickness issue. I have had better luck with Dupont Truck Bed Coating, and it's about a dollar cheaper a can most places.

Anyways, today was another fuckstory from the word go. I went in for the alignment this morning at a friends shop which consisted of scratching the living hell out of one of the wheels and a toe adjustment. Nevermind that the steering wheel is at 10:30 and caster/camber were both in the red... Then, the camera battery died after taking two pictures. Yay for productivity.

Comment

Finally a few pics of the goodies in all their installed glory. Just have to do those rear shocks one of these nights...

Click image for larger version

Name:	SDC10292.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	1262439

Name:	SDC10294.jpg
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	1262440

Name:	SDC10296.jpg
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	1262441

Name:	SDC10297.jpg
Size:	155.3 KB
ID:	1262442

Comment

can't wait to see exterior pics!
                              Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
                              New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

A few pics of the finished product. It's sitting about 1 1/3" lower in the rear and 1 1/2" lower in front from tire to wheel opening comparatively to the sagging OE springs. Overall, I'm happy with the result. Any further, and the front tires would come in contact with the fender lips on a regular basis. I'm happy that the rear tires are tucking around 1/2" as well. This car handles ALMOST as well as my '99 Grand Prix GT did now (loved that car).

I also removed the bumper inserts today to clean them, as well as the inside of the bumper. I scrubbed the inserts down with a little dish soap and boiling hot water before I scuffed and repainted the silver vertical bars. I then taped off the bumper openings and lovingly sanded the recesses. I blew them out with the blowjob gun and wiped them clean with denatured alcohol. I used some flat black oil-based rust preventative enamel to make them beautiful again. Please enjoy!

Name:	SDC10299.jpg
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	1262446

Name:	SDC10300.jpg
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	1262447

Name:	SDC10301.jpg