No announcement yet.

1988 Grand Marquis "The Cherry Bomb"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the brightness of the reverse lights.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Yes, ah very briiight!

I still loved messing with your train horns. Those somebitches are LOUD!!!
      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Nice, looks great! Still need to LED up my coach lights in the merc.

My buddy installed train horns in his truck awhile back, and we went around scaring the hell outta people all day once. Most people took it well, and just laughed it off, although one guy wanted to fight us afterward we scared him so bad, lol. We had a great time though. Tis a powerful sound tool, which really only should be used on a asshole or sleeping driver, so he doesn't use it much.

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT View Post
          Yes, ah very briiight!

I still loved messing with your train horns. Those somebitches are LOUD!!!
          quote from Sf 2010 "go on giver a tug"
          89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

i put white LED bulbs in GMGTs coach lamps. look like they came off a limo, when they are turned on. the lense must filter the blue hue that comes with the white LEDS, cause they look bright white.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
            1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
            1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
            2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
            2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
              i put white LED bulbs in GMGTs coach lamps. look like they came off a limo, when they are turned on. the lense must filter the blue hue that comes with the white LEDS, cause they look bright white.

without pics, that is.

hahaha
              1988 MGM GS - Preferred Equipment Package 172A; InstaClear

1980 Lincoln Continental Coupe
              1994 MGM GS Montigua
              2005 F150 Lariat Scab 4x4 3.73 LS
              2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

More Light Fun

Y'all might find this kinda cheesy, but I've always wanted one of these...:smirk:

I bought one of those Knight Rider LED bars off of eBay...for so cheap how could I resist? I looks pretty neat at night though, and everything is controlled by a wireless remote. I can scroll through roughly 20 different patterns. Just a fun little toy. I'll get a night shot next chance I get.

sigpic
                - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

OH SHIT, I've always wanted one of those as well....night rider FTW! :nightrid: where did you get it from?
                  -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

ftmfw! that is awsomness! i want one lol
                    89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

Just do an eBay search for "Knight Rider" lights. It's a 48 count LED strip, control box, and wireless remote. Fairly cheap too.

Here's the one I bought. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWNX%3AIT

sigpic
                      - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

lol. i need to get some pics and a vid of the amber scanner on my bros KARR(1983 trans am). he is acctually getting a new one that has sounds and shit too.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                        1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                        1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                        2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                        2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

nice scott mang does it go faster then that?

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                          302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                          k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

They do go faster, and slower still.

I took another video at night where you can hardly see the car, just the light bar. Once I get home again, I'll try to upload it.
                            I need to go out around dusk and take one so you can still see everything and the lights well.

sigpic

Comment

Night time video.

sigpic

Comment

TOY!

want!

supposed to be getting a 54 LED version from my aunt. apparently the site we were trying to get it from was broken. Time to find a new source.

edit:looks like your source is the best.

how did you mount the thing?
                                Last edited by sly; 03-05-2011, 01:10 PM.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                                Originally posted by gadget73
                                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                                Originally posted by dmccaig
                                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                                X