No announcement yet.

The tale of the 87' Colony Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those TFS 170's should be right at home in there. I see good things for this car.

Packman

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
      Those TFS 170's should be right at home in there. I see good things for this car.

Packman
      Not anytime soon....

I just want a reliable fun cruiser that runs well with no BS.
      Also going to do 4.10's and a rear disc swap while it's all apart.

Old converted lopo is all ready to come out. Just ran out of energy.
      2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
      2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
      2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
      1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

You should've called me. I would have helped you out today.
        Looks like impressive.

-ryan s.
        08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
        03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
        97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
        94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
        73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
        12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
        Originally posted by pantera77
        Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

must acquire box wagon...
          Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
          Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
          Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
            Not anytime soon....

I just want a reliable fun cruiser that runs well with no BS.
            Also going to do 4.10's and a rear disc swap while it's all apart.

Old converted lopo is all ready to come out. Just ran out of energy.
            You must be able to pull a 302 out of a box with your eyes closed by now!

Rear Disk....

4.10's.....
            2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
            2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
            Past Panthers
            1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
            if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Reliable and fun would be a reman Explorer engine, lots of torque for a heavy wagon especially with 4.10's, that's how i'd rock it but I don't know what all you have available in the garage already.
              88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
              Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Originally posted by 88Vic View Post
                Reliable and fun would be a reman Explorer engine, lots of torque for a heavy wagon especially with 4.10's, that's how i'd rock it but I don't know what all you have available in the garage already.
                I have a bone stock 51K mile HO, and that's what's going in there.

Maybe, maybe, in the future I'll throw my TFS 170's on the 89, and put the 89's cleaned up gt40p's on this car, but that's all far in the future.
                2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

If you can port that lower intake, it would help even on the stock engine. I stuck my Holley Systemax lower on my otherwise bone stock 243k mile HO in the Mark VII and it made a very nice improvement over the stock lower.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I do have a spare Explorer upper and lower I could throw on...

IDK, I'll probably just end up cleaning the stock HO intakes and putting them on. I just want an engine that runs like it did from the factory.

Comment

If you can clean up the outer cylinders, particularly #5 where its got that ugly dogleg inside the casting, it would help. The stock intakes can move air but as-cast they're a bit crap. If you want it to run like stock, stick with the E7 heads. I've seen these run stupid with GT40 heads and Explorer intakes on speed density. Honestly I was slightly concerned about doing the intake on my car, but it does not seem to have had any ill effects, and honestly it just hauls ass now. Much better under-2500 rpm torque than it had originally. I wasn't expecting the improvement in that range at all.
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Well, plans are already changing as usual, but I did get a chance to pull the engine out today.

Comment

I see ltd!!!!!!! <3
                          Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
                          Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
                          Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

Originally posted by marquis_82_withneons View Post
                            I see ltd!!!!!!! <3
                            You didn't know I had a 77 LTD also?
                            Haven't had anytime to work on it lately.

Post pics of your car in here, works in progress, etc... Ford/Lincoln/Mercury vehicles only.

Comment

i had no idea JEALOUS beyond belief... haha.... you def gotta hook me up with your sources mang!

Comment

Originally posted by pantera77 View Post
                                Well, plans are already changing as usual, but I did get a chance to pull the engine out today.

And the changes are???????????
                                Rodney Tolleson, me at the track.....future drag box racer!

Comment

Working...
                                X