• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually worked on this thing today!

New body mounts,

In progress:

Old vs New:

Of course one captive nut had to spin, last one one the passenger side. After cutting a access hole I found it was cross threaded, not sure why, and no idea if it happened at the factory or somewhere down the line, but that would explain why it was loose and spun the second I pulled the trigger. Oh well, the plasma cutter quickly removed it. A fresh nut and good to go:

Also removed the stock bushings from the rear control arms. Using a ball joint press makes it 100x's easier. Set it up, put a little preload on the bushings, hit it with some heat quick and they pop right out. Significantly quicker and less messy then burning them out, plus it leaves the shell nice and clean.

Also:

Oh ya, I haven't forgotten about this either:

And now time to go back to sleep:
    Last edited by pantera77; 06-11-2015, 12:01 AM.
    2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
    2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
    2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
    1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

What that chin spoiler off again? I think I am gonna have to get me one.

Comment

Early 90's GM truck? I ordered this so many years ago.

Shop from thousands of parts and accessories to help you restore, maintain, and customize your Chevrolet, GMC, Dodge or Ford truck or SUV. Keep 'em on the road with the right part, right price, right now.

Pretty sure this one was from ebay, with the fog light cutouts.

Pretty obvious what needs to be done to make it work, but it fits surprisingly well.
        Last edited by pantera77; 06-11-2015, 12:14 AM.
        2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
        1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Nice!!! I have yet to tackle the body mounts on my CV. I drilled the bushings out of the trailing and control arms. Next time, I might try the ball joint press. I need to make the time to go to the JY and snatch that '01 CV front suspension.

Packman

Comment

Whoa, I love the old flatbed Ford! What headers are those on the motor?
            1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
            1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Please document how you attach your chin spoiler/lower valance. I am curious about the install on chrome bumpers as opposed to Daves painted one.

Nice trick on the old bushings. I just torched mine and made a mess. lol I like your way much better.
              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

That wagon is badass!!!! I go back and forth on wanting one but after seeing this I definitely think I could live with it. This thing is going to be a beast with that blower on it. Jealous!!!

Comment

about time you're getting back to this. How long has it been since it moved under it's own power?
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

The ramp truck is another slow project I work on here and there, the headers are ceramic coated FRPP's.

I'll get some pictures of the chin spoiler tomorrow, it fits pretty damn good all things considering.

I last drove it fall of 2011.

Comment

I like the hellas ya got for them. I picked up some Marchals (not the typical fox body one, but smaller) that fit in the spoiler opening nicely for my car.
                      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Hey Zach, when are you coming by to pick up those Metcos? This car could use them.

Comment

Picked up a new trans for it yesterday. An extremely low mile Lentech Street Terminator. Wide ratio gearset, hardened one piece input shaft, electronic o/d lockout, 2400 non lockup convertor, all the fun stuff. You can probably figure out who's it was
                          Anyways, I originally planned to swap in my t5z, but due to the power I plan to eventually put out, plus the fact it's a heavy old wagon, I doubt the t5 would have enjoyed it's short life. Now, I don't drive like certain people on this site do..., but I do like my cars to be able to take a beating when necessary. This trans is rated to 700hp which is a few hundred north of what the stock block can take anyways so it's one less thing I need to worry about. Even if I eventually swap in a 351 which I'd love to, it should have no problems keeping up.

I also picked up some 92-97 metco lower control arms. Since I'll be running an aero axle, I'm already half way there to running a 92+ style rear sway bar. After welding in some plates, I'll be able to run the nice 92+ addco rear bar.

Comment

solid metal bushings ?
                            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Wait you can run metcos with an aero axle? Buh-wahh??

Automatic...

Lack of steam.
                              __________________________________________________

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
                              The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
                              It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                                solid metal bushings ?
                                Greasble poly's

Originally posted by Bobcat View Post
                                Wait you can run metcos with an aero axle? Buh-wahh??

Automatic...

Lack of steam.
                                You could run them on a box rearend too. Remember, nothing really changes from 79-97.
                                The thing is, I wouldn't run a box rear sway bar with them. It would fit with some small spacers, but I'm not to sure how the aluminum would like the forces the sway bar puts out on them.
                                Hence why I'm switching to the 92+ rear style swaybar. There's two things needed to make that work, the axle housing brackets, which all 92-97 axles have, and the upper mounting point, (supposedly 90/91's have them but I've never checked). Since I'll be running an aero axle, all I have to do is weld in some plates up top, then I can run the fat addco 92+ rear bar.
                                Also, I'm not sure how easy it is to find 92-97 metco's, I think that was just one group buy and that's it. There was going to be a group buy on Heinous lower arms years ago, but that fell through. People only care about 98+'s it seems.

As for going automatic, it makes the most sense in this application. Also, since everyone seems to be doing 5sp swaps on tudors....

Comment

Working...
                                X