No announcement yet.

2011 Mustang GT Premium "The Dirty Whore"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got the new LCAs and relocation brackets installed Saturday. Now the clunk from the upper control arm is exaggerated, as the poly bushings in the lowers don't absorb nearly as much of the shock as the rubber bushings... it makes a god awful clunking noise when I engage and disengage the clutch to shift... so I formulated this grand idea...

I took my wife for a ride...

:3gears:

"What in the world is that racket and how do you make it stop?!"

I expect the UCA and bracket will be authorized for purchase within three weeks.
    2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
    1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
    1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

I've done that with my mom before. When my dad and I both say I need something, and she doesn't want to spend the money on it, she goes for a ride.
      Parts Car (Scrapped ) - Vicky - 1987 LTD Crown Victoria: 17x8 Gunmetal Gray Coys C-5 wheels, 235/55-17 Falken Ziex ZE-502 tires. 79 LTD Grille, Taillights, and Turn Signals, Blue LED Dash Lights, PI Rear Sway Bar, 140 MPH Speedometer, Dual Exhaust w/ Mustang Headers.
      New Project: Vicky II - 1981 Ford LTD: 61,XXX miles, virtually rust free. Currently For Sale

Comment

Maybe you shoulda held out for the Direct Injection 5.0 that's coming soon:

Do Not Buy A 2011 Mustang 5.0
        Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

That article is bullshit. There will ALWAYS be a better model coming out in a year or two. "Soon," has no definition anyway. Ford has enough trouble holding up to, "It'll be released in May." "Soon," just means, "Some day."

Not to say the direct injection won't be hella sweet, but until that ACTUALLY hits the market... I'll be having a blast with 400+hp on tap.
          2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.

Comment

I'm just giving you shit. That is still a bitchin' ride w/o direct injection, I'm jealous!
            Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

how do you manage speed bumps

Comment

The more I see these cars, the more I like them.

I've been poking around some dealerships, and now that I've seen a few in different colors, my decision (between an R/T and a new GT) is getting more difficult. I imagine it;ll get reall difficult once I drive one of each.

This Kona blue is quite the color, I must say. It really pops in the sunlight.
                **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by insomniac391 View Post
                  how do you manage speed bumps
                  Slowly!! I honestly haven't scraped on a single speed bump. It has more ground clearance than it seems. The only rub so far was getting into my mother-in-law's driveway. Oh, well- guess I can't go back there again!

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
                    The more I see these cars, the more I like them.

I've been poking around some dealerships, and now that I've seen a few in different colors, my decision (between an R/T and a new GT) is getting more difficult. I imagine it;ll get reall difficult once I drive one of each.

This Kona blue is quite the color, I must say. It really pops in the sunlight.
                    I agree- the kona is beautiful... but it's as bad as black to keep it clean. Get a white one. You'll be glad you did.

Comment

Working...
                    X