No announcement yet.

The 89 CV LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool, I have the exact same dash rug. I picked it up at the junkyard.
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis GS- "Sarah" 122k miles

1975 Lincoln Continental Mark IV- 275k? miles

Comment

I have one of those too. Its for when the now-perfect dash pad cracks again. Not as nice as a good dash pad, but better than looking at the gaping cracks.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Haven't updated this in a while have I?

First off, I did go back and install poly bushings in the lower control arms. Torched the old ones out, cleaned up the sleeves, and put the new ones in. At the same time, I swapped out the front springs for some speedwaymotor's 925# springs, and swapped out the rears with 200# springs (I had originally tried 225#ers, but it had way to much of a rake, it still actually sits a bit high in the back for me, but I can live with it)

Machined all 4 rotor's cleaned the glazing off the pads, and cleaned up the caliper brackets.

Added a 98-02 Addco front swaybar. This thing made a huge improvement, coupled with the police rear sway bar, stiff springs, poly bushings, and p71 shocks, this thing has nearly no body roll at all. I'll take on a stock 03+ p71 any day of the week. The handling limit is pretty much limited by the crappy tires, and how much you slide around in the leather seats.

High tech bushing remover:

Cleaned up shell:

Poly's in:

Front springs:

Rear springs:

Machined rotors:

Sway bar action:

2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
        2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
        2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
        1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Finally took the car to a 1/4 strip over the weekend. Met up with a bunch of guys from CVN (spare me the "their all evil assholes" BS) at this sketchy as hell dragstrip. Managed a best of 15.74 @ 85.40mph. I was hoping for a little more, but besides for gutting the cats (the passenger side rear fell apart and rattled like crazy) I've done nothing performance wise since I bought it. Never touched the timing, FP, anything. What I do know is killing me though, is the crappy 90 TC manifolds. The ports on them don't even line up with the ports on the gt40p's! I'll be putting on the Ford Racing ceramic coated ones that actually fit the p head, and making some custom 2 1/4" downpipes, leading into the factory H-pipe. Far from ideal, but a lot better than what's on there now, and much better than some ill-fitting mustang H-pipe and cobbled together exhaust system.

Timeslip:

There's a couple of my run's in this video.
          2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
          1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

not bad for a big old boat.
            sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

what the hell is up with that drag strip? Sketchy is right. Doesn't even look like a full 1/4 mile before you hit trees from that angle.

Those are some decent numbers though. Darned good 60 foot.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
              160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
              waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Where did you purchase your sway bar from? That bar is meaty as hell. Did it come with new mounts, bushings and endlinks?
                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
                  not bad for a big old boat.
                  It only weighs 3800#'s that's not that heavy of a boat.

Originally posted by johnunit View Post
                  what the hell is up with that drag strip? Sketchy is right. Doesn't even look like a full 1/4 mile before you hit trees from that angle.

Those are some decent numbers though. Darned good 60 foot.
                  Ya, it was an interesting track for sure. Traction was terrible, my first run (not captured unfortunately) was a 17.9 with me sideways past the 60' mark.

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                  Where did you purchase your sway bar from? That bar is meaty as hell. Did it come with new mounts, bushings and endlinks?
                  Summit Racing. Yes, it came with all new mounts, endlinks, bushings, ect... That's actually half the reason I got it, as my end links were both shot.
                  Interesting story though, in Ford's infinite wisdom to use self tapping bolts everywhere, the drivers side is attached quite odd now. I'm assuming one of the holes stripped out on Eric, as there's a random bolt welded in the one hole, and now the other hole I tapped out to nearly twice it's original size.

Here's some pic's others took of my car (in typical CVN fashion, the only box there ):

Comment

Well by now I'm sure you all know there's a T5 in this beast now.

But my buddy and I finally finished my exhaust up. Was bored at work yesterday, decided to take some pics.

I used a slightly modified version of GMN's favorite piece-it-together exhaust picture.

Ceramic coated FRPP headers
                    2.5" off-road Mustang H-pipe
                    2.5" pipe
                    2.5" offset/offset Summit Turbo's
                    2.5" Impala SS tails
                    3" rolled tips

All mandrel bent, just slightly modded the H-pipe to fit a bit better. Tucks up very tight under the car, nearly factory height besides the tails.

Comment

looks real good. i'm jealous of the condition of the underside of that car.
                      sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Nicely done Paint those pipes and you're golden.

I wish I did my exahaust now rather than five years ago. I think i would have done a better job of tucking it up closer to the body.

Packman

Comment

That cars dam sexy man.. Probly sounds awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by chitownvic View Post
                            Probly sounds awesome!

Comment

holy shit, im not gonna lie...i was not expecting your vic to sound that badass.

alow me to make it official...it sounds awsome!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                              1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                              1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                              2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                              2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

yes... very nice.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                                Originally posted by gadget73
                                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                                Originally posted by dmccaig
                                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                                X