No announcement yet.

My 1988 Mercury Grand Marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the InstaClear will be delivered monday. hopefully its not damaged enroute.
    1988 MGM GS - Preferred Equipment Package 172A; InstaClear

1980 Lincoln Continental Coupe
    1994 MGM GS Montigua
    2005 F150 Lariat Scab 4x4 3.73 LS
    2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

will someone please design some lower profile decals, thats the best i could do.
      Last edited by rick99601; 12-31-2010, 09:51 PM.

1994 MGM GS Montigua
      2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

you installing the window yourself?
        sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
          you installing the window yourself?
          maybe in 15 years, when its time to put it in.

til then im having a regular windshield put in.

1994 MGM GS Montigua
          2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

these were all taken today. and she rolled over 81k.

Last edited by rick99601; 01-01-2011, 08:34 PM.

1994 MGM GS Montigua
            2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

Yay. No cracked glass in a box.

I have a question...the door panel pockets exclusive to 88-89 cars....do you like it? I was pulling a set once but then was deterred by them blocking the speakers. What is your take on that?

Oh and what ya got going on in the center console? That one looks different than all other ones I have seen used before.
              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                Yay. No cracked glass in a box.

I have a question...the door panel pockets exclusive to 88-89 cars....do you like it? I was pulling a set once but then was deterred by them blocking the speakers. What is your take on that?

Oh and what ya got going on in the center console? That one looks different than all other ones I have seen used before.
                the pockets arent so bad if they are pretty much empty. otherwise they do block the sound quite a bit. the dash speakers more than make up for it though. i think the acoustics in these cars is excellent. the sound stage is right at ear level.

that center console was in my parents '85 impala when i was younger. its been in the merc the past ten years at least. i did a little cutting on it to make it fit nicely.

1994 MGM GS Montigua
                2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

cool. you know, my buddy has the twin to your car. just his has dark grey interior. he is a member but, dont come on much

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                  1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                  1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                  2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                  2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

I have 6.5" speakers in my doors with the pockets. The screw housing on the pocket buts up against the grill that came with the speaker, but it also holds the panel on the door since all the clips are more than shot on the front doors of my 88.
                    Attached Files

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                    Originally posted by gadget73
                    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                    Originally posted by dmccaig
                    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Was your car Ziebarted? I see a rubber plug in each door sill that my car dosen't have...

Comment

Originally posted by ford man View Post
                        Was your car Ziebarted? I see a rubber plug in each door sill that my car dosen't have...
                        it was once, back in '88.

1994 MGM GS Montigua
                        2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by rick99601 View Post
                          maybe in 15 years, when its time to put it in.

til then im having a regular windshield put in.
                          it's just gonna sit in the box until then?
                          sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

it's just gonna sit in the box until then?
                            yep. id be crazy to install it now and drive the car.

after i have all the rust taken care of, the seats re-upholstered, a new top, and the engine work done it'll go in. (im sure im missing things)

i dont think the '88 will see nearly as much road time from now on, thats what the continental is going to be for. every time i drive her im taking a chance, so i need to lower my risk potential.

i got to drive her today because of heavy rains the last two days, most of the salt was rinsed away. that and POTM was a good way to start off the new decade.

1994 MGM GS Montigua
                            2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

that's some dedication!
                              sigpic

Comment

that's some dedication!
                                that only you mangs can understand.

1994 MGM GS Montigua
                                2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

Working...
                                X