Clear All

Looks great Brandon.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by slymer View Post
      only question I have is... "where's the washer tank?"
      +1 I'm looking to put a CAI on mine and I need ideas on where to put it, hopefully keeping the stock tank but not necessarily. I see you have a new coolant resivoir, I figure i'll just delete mine since the radiator stays full but the resivoir never fills.
      88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
      Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

its good to hear that you got your lincoln on the road. the engine looks good too!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
        1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
        1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
        2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
        2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by miamibob View Post
          I think you and Dave are my heros!! So much attention to detail and you can "feel the love" that has gone into the work. REALLY makes my heart feel good seeing so much put into these cars!!! Bobby
          Thanks Bobby, I really appreciate that. This really is a labor of love for me.

Originally posted by slymer View Post
          only question I have is... "where's the washer tank?"
          Both the Vacuum Reservoir and the Washer Tank are mounted under the DS of the core support, right about where the Air Filter sits. Washer tank is from an '85 XR7. I wanted it mounted out of sight, but as a result you have to reach under the car to pop open the lid, and then you can stick a funnel through the stock hole in the fender liner into the bottle to fill it back up again. Not too hard to do, and made for a much cleaner engine bay.

Originally posted by packman View Post
          Wow, that's pretty And that's not even your good engine.

Ford dark blue seems to work on these cars. After I painted the upper trailing arms Ford blue, I realized that it was way too bright for a conservative CV.

Packman
          Thanks packmang. Yea I agree. I like the Dark Ford Blue, beats the hell outta the stock semi-gloss black too. Never really been a fan of the medium or light ford blue.

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
          Looks great Brandon.
          Thanks Dave.

Originally posted by 88Vic View Post
          +1 I'm looking to put a CAI on mine and I need ideas on where to put it, hopefully keeping the stock tank but not necessarily. I see you have a new coolant resivoir, I figure i'll just delete mine since the radiator stays full but the resivoir never fills.
          Hot coolant expands under pressure. Once it expands it needs somewhere to go, your expansion tank is that place. If the expansion tank isn't there it spews out the hole next to the cap, and all over the DS inner fender. If you delete your expansion tank your radiator will not stay full, unless you only fill it up about 75% of the way. Go read up on how it works.

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
          its good to hear that you got your lincoln on the road. the engine looks good too!
          Thanks MM. Been looking forward to getting her on the road for over a year now, and it feels great. There's a real sense of accomplishment there now for me when I look at her. She drives like a dream too, like you would expect from a Lincoln of this caliber. Couldn't ask for much more than this. I think I'm in Love.

I will try and get a vid posted up of her running soon, if I can borrow my buddys camcorder off him (the sound on my cam sucks for vids). Also will have pics of the body fully back together, and teh NOS Front Bumper installed.

Stay Tuned.
          Last edited by LTDMan83; 04-25-2012, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Very nice. Enjoy it, done just in time for spring/summer cruising.
            2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
            2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
            Past Panthers
            1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
            if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Looks great brandon i love reading your updates motor really looks great. Like it was ment to be in there. Glad you gave efi a second chance

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
              302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
              k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Originally posted by tjc78 View Post
                Very nice. Enjoy it, done just in time for spring/summer cruising.
                Thanks. Gonna be doing alot of cruising in this baby this season, starting this weekend. Driving to a friends house that lives 145 miles away, so I will get to see how she handles a small road trip.

Originally posted by gabegt90 View Post
                Looks great brandon i love reading your updates motor really looks great. Like it was ment to be in there. Glad you gave efi a second chance
                Thanks Gabe. I'm glad I gave EFI a second chance too. Even for all it's faults and shortcomings, it does look pretty bad ass in there. Thinking now that I might indeed go ahead with an EFI top end on my 351 that I'm building. Probably stock ford lightning stuff, instead of the EZ-EFI.

Comment

So jealous! it's so damned clean... damn you and your skills and tools and climate...

yes vids! vids!!!

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                  160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                  waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Rollin Strong

Been really busy lately, we have alot of projects going on at work right now, that we are trying to get done before the summer car show season starts up here, so I haven't had much time to do anything other than drive this car, but I'm happy to report back that I've put over 800 miles on her since the swap, with 0 problems! She has been really good to me!; and I can now say for sure that I LOVE THIS LINCOLN!!!! Have even been driving it to work lately (with covers on the seats of course), and all the guys at my shop love it as well. A few have been begging me to let them take it out for a cruise around town, but I know how rough these assholes are on cars, so they aren't getting handed my keys.

This thing gets granny driven 99% of the time, as I don't want to fuck it up, and then be in an endless search for Rare Body Parts which were only made for 4 years total. This car bone stock, has little to no traction, so it would be very easy for someone who was driving it and not prepared for how easily it loses traction, to stomp the gas, lose traction, panic, stomp the brakes, and then put it into a wall or tree. After all the work I've put in on this car, I'd want to cry after that happened. I might let my best friend cruise it around at or below the speed limit, just because I trust his driving skills, but I'm the only one that is gonna ever get rough with her.

Still can't say that I fully trust 86-91 Ford SEFI though, so as an extra precaution against breakdown and towage, I now carry a full set of tools, floorjack/jackstands, a fire extenguiser, an extra TFI module, an extra Mustang A9S ECM, 2 extra starter solenoids and + battery cables, an extra starter, and an extra Fuel Pump with me, all NIB and stowaged in the trunk. Just in case I have to repair my car on the side of the road, or in a parking lot one day, to avoid a massive tow bill.

Will have more updates soon, when I can finally get away from working on other peoples cars.

Comment

Originally posted by johnunit View Post
                      So jealous! it's so damned clean... damn you and your skills and tools and climate...

yes vids! vids!!!

Thanks! I've been doing this since I was 21 years old, and I have alot of money invested in tools. The climate here is far too hot in the spring/summer, the Fall and Winters here are just about perfect though. I really didn't put in alot of effort toward making this engine look good or into the paintwork on the top end parts, just enough to make it last. I figured what's the use, when it will only be in the car for 1 year tops, before the 351 swap.

Vids shall be done.

Comment

Working...
                      X