My '79 Mercury Marquis *DUW*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My '79 Mercury Marquis *DUW*

Well I have'nt been on much Beacuse I Moved into a house and didnt have the net for a bit..

But anyway Just picked this up From a member of this site on the weekend. It was a trade type deal.. This car is really neat.

Its a 1979 Mercury Marquis. It came factory without a vynle top, without air conditioning, and without opera lights. It also used to have manual windows, but the old owner converted it to power.
    Its got a 302 with a 2 bbl carb and C4 tranny.

She needs a bit of love here and there but all in all is a great car.
    Now for the pics..

1980 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Signature Series
    351 4 bbl, AOD, 3.08 open
    duel exhaust with cherry bombs

that is sweet. What color is the steering wheel center cap. Silver or gold. Gold means it a black magic package i believe. Also if you need parts for it lots of stuff from my car can fit that. I would seriously trade you your woodgrain for my perfect woodgrain. I like the darker wood better. Only need the dash woodgrain. i got somewhere i can get 2 door woodgrain from a 1979.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
    -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
    1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

i also seriously want that gold hood ornament. I got stuff to trade even a perfect digital radio that would work in that.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
      -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
      1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

Lol thanks but i am keeping all that stuff on the car. Horn center is silver

Comment

Nice car Dave. I love the door panels.
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by MattsGrandMarquis View Post
            that is sweet. What color is the steering wheel center cap. Silver or gold. Gold means it a black magic package i believe. Also if you need parts for it lots of stuff from my car can fit that. I would seriously trade you your woodgrain for my perfect woodgrain. I like the darker wood better. Only need the dash woodgrain. i got somewhere i can get 2 door woodgrain from a 1979.
            black magic package?lol

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
            1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
            1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
            2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
            2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by MattsGrandMarquis View Post
              Pm sent on 79 woodgrain dash set

Comment

are you gonna do anything with paint/ exterior appearence? is this a winter car to preserve the lincoln?

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

In the spring yes im going to redo it gloss black with red pinstripe. i wouldent call it a winter beater but will be the daily driver. it should look real nice when its all done.

Comment

Is there any story behind the gold plated hood ornament and head light surrounds?
                    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

yes I had them gold plated a while ago. I put them on the car when I got it.

Comment

nice 79 dave

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                        302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                        k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

very nice dave!
                          saw the coldstart video matt posted......i bugged him the other day to go get video proof that you were alive hehe
                          glad u got your internets back.....now make some videos lol

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by Lincolnmania View Post
                            very nice dave!
                            saw the coldstart video matt posted......i bugged him the other day to go get video proof that you were alive hehe
                            glad u got your internets back.....now make some videos lol
                            yes im still alive and well

Comment

Neat.

I really like those mirrors. Much better placement than the traditional box mirrors.
                              **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                              **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                              **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                              **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Working...
                              X