No announcement yet.

The Galactica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was a throttle pedal on eBay awhile back of chrome outlined pedals that looked like the same as a box throttle. $79 was a little rich for my blood though right now...

I do like the interior on your Lincoln - very nice. I see you have the uber rare CD player add on floor console, nice find and idea for using it as a gauge pod!
    -Nick M.
    Columbia, SC

66 Squire, 89 Colony Park, 90 TC, 03 TC, 06 TC, 07 TC (2x)
    03 BMW 540iT, 07 Toyota Tundra SR5 Dbl Cab/5.7 2WD

Comment

Looks great Thain.

The Brake pedal trim as well as the parking prake trim can still be purchased NEW if you cannot source them from a yard. The gas pedal I have only found in junkyards outa older lincolns.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Oh, gas pedal question. Is there supposed to be a spring of some sort on the pedal? A pokey bit stuck me in the foot the other day, and it looks for all the world like one end of a spring that I can't find the rest of back there. Not sure if the pokey bit is the whole thing and it just fell out, or if it broke off another piece.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Yes it takes up the slack of the top of the pedal. The top of the pedal should spring back out when pushed inwards towards the firewall
          ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

thought so. Its not doing that anymore. Is that a hairpin spring, sort of like you'd find on a clothes line clip, or is it just a piece of spring wire with a hook bent into one end? I'm thinking it ought to be a hairpin spring, probably with the coil part wrapped around the spot where the pedal pivots on it's arm.
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I'd say moreso like a hairpin spring.

From memory it is a shitty dinky spring. Starts a couple inches along the metal of the pedal arm then it spins once around the shaft that the pedal pivots on then travels upward to the top of the plastic/rubber pedal then makes a 90 degree turn and reaches the opposite corner of the pedal along the top.
              ~David~

Comment

yeah, thats what I figured. I've got the bit that hooked under the pedal arm. Thats what stuck me in the foot. I figured it had snapped. I guess I'll be seeking a replacement pedal, or at least one I can rob a spring from.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                  Looks great Thain.

The Brake pedal trim as well as the parking prake trim can still be purchased NEW if you cannot source them from a yard. The gas pedal I have only found in junkyards outa older lincolns.
                  That's good to know. So it's a bolt on type deal right? Would give our cars a nice touch.
                  1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                  1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

bend-on, but yes. The gas pedal trim just snaps on, the brake pedal trim you have to bend the tabs down to secure it.

Comment

They are all just metal overlays.
                      ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by johnunit View Post
                        Lightning cam is very mild, may even be the same as the normal truck cam. I remember for sure that it's milder than the factory panther 351W cam (208/219, .444 lift).
                        THe truck cam is the Explorer cam. Why they put a flat tappet cam in what would be considered a performance truck makes absolutely no sense to me. Your car moves well, Thain. I think it's about the same as a cobra, if not slightly better. Definitely pulls like mine. Dyno/ 1/4 mile times would tell for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                          bend-on, but yes. The gas pedal trim just snaps on, the brake pedal trim you have to bend the tabs down to secure it.
                          Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                          They are all just metal overlays.
                          Sweet, I'll be on the look-out for that stuff.

Comment

I shall dust off a scroll of resurrection and read it aloud to bring this thread up from it's two year slumber! Huzzah.

Comment

Nothing really to say. About all that has changed is the oil and the odometer.

Comment

Pics man. I want to see more of the poverty top. Have you fixed that yet? Early pics look good at a distance, they're not as bad as I thought they'd be, you still get that little sliver window behind the rear doors.

Comment

Working...
                                X