No announcement yet.

The Galactica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So you have the tripminder just rolling on the floor now? How hard is it to wire up one of those, can you please do a write up on that as I'm quite interested in puting one in my car too.

Comment

Its kind of propped up on my CB at the moment but it will randomly roll off and end up on the floor. Been meaning to post a howto, its pretty simple really. Mostly all you need are the constant +, switched +, light, ground wires. The other two are VSS and fuel flow wires. My VSS wire I tapped right on the side of the speed control module, however in an 88 it will be integrated into the ECM and likely you'll need to tap it right on the VSS wiring itself. You need the dark green/white wire off the VSS, and fuel flow is pin 34. On my Townie there was an unused connector hanging under the hood for the fuel flow wire. I just cut off the stock connector and tied my wiring onto it. Its a light blue wire with a pink tracer. The actual pinout of the tripminder is somewhere in the tripminder thread in the electrical/cfi forum.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Fresh pic whoring:
        Attached Files
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I love the blue lighted dash! Very cool!
          and good job on those quarter panels, looks great!
          sigpic
          1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Did you ever try to fit that Vic fan in there? I got one from the wreckers, trimmed about 1/2" off the shroud, STILL couldn't get it in there and so ended up using the Mark VIII fan that just dropped in.

You have made some serious progress man, commendable work! Great looking car, definitely a lot of time and effort into it!
            1989 Town Car Cartier: 3G Alt. Upgrade, Mark VIII Electric Fan, Police Interceptor Suspension, 40-series Flows, loaded. HO+ Conversion: E7 heads, Cobra 1.7RR's, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, FMS "E" Camshaft, 4-hole 19lb/hr injectors, A9P ECM, 76mm C&L MAF, BBK CAI. 338,000Km, stock bottom-end.

Comment

Never tried. Measured it and it was way too fat. seneeb ended up with it.

Comment

sweet I love the explore upper

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Dear Jesus Gadget, how is it that we both have aquamarine E7's????????
                  1989 Town Car Cartier: 3G Alt. Upgrade, Mark VIII Electric Fan, Police Interceptor Suspension, 40-series Flows, loaded. HO+ Conversion: E7 heads, Cobra 1.7RR's, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, FMS "E" Camshaft, 4-hole 19lb/hr injectors, A9P ECM, 76mm C&L MAF, BBK CAI. 338,000Km, stock bottom-end.

Comment

Its just ford blue, pics came out a bit funky.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73
                      Its just ford blue, pics came out a bit funky.
                      Look at my pics, are they the same colour? If so, that's freaky

Comment

More new pics, and some old. First, the new motor, and a shot of the Mark VIII fan. The fan is centered, so you can get an idea of how much of the radiator it covers. Not 100%, but its enough to do the job. I was having some heat issues, finally gave in and replaced the thermostat with a 180, runs stable 185-190 and dead center on the dash gauge now. I was going to fit a larger radiator, but there wasn't enough clearance between the water pump and the fan motor with the 3 core. Probably if I'd trimmed down the VIII fan it would fit, but it was cheaper and easier to swap the thermostat.

Also a couple pics of the shredded vinyl top just for archive purposes. This will hopefully be replaced soon. Will need before/after pics.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Oh, and pics of the heater core swap a couple months back. These are posted elsewhere on here, but since its my thread I'll do what I wanna, so
                          Attached Files

Comment

Forgot I had these. A couple of the motor on the stand. Block is light Ford Blue, oil pan, upper and lower intake are cast coat iron. Brackets on the front are either iron or black. Most are the iron color, upper alternator bracket is black, mostly because the paint wouldn't stick for shit and its slightly less obvious with the black paint. Someone must have used silicone lube on the belt at some point, now the bracket is impossible to paint properly. I'll have to replace that someday when I get bored. Pulleys are black, except for the alternator which isn't painted. On the list for someday is to pull the alternator and paint the case up. Its a big grungy looking.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Looks great bud!

In regards to your heat issue, what was going on? Fitting a cooler thermostat is only helpful if your cooling system is adequate enough to handle it, as the cooler you try to run things, the more cooling is required to do that. Perhaps your other T-stat was dying and sticking shut? Because if it can stay at 185 now, then obviously your cooling system (cooling capacity-wise) wasn't the issue.....

Yes, the Mark VIII fan doesn't cover the entire rad, but it's pretty close! It covers a lot more than any of the other fans I've seen........

Comment

Thain, that air filter, why the heck did you stick it there? I could get away with that cause I got open hood and the hot air from the manifolds actually gets pushed back down and under the car, but yers just gets trapped up there and sucked in my the engine - why not extend the piping and pint the filter behind the washer bottle? Also what elbow and silicone fitting did you use for that filter?

Comment

Working...
                                X