No announcement yet.

Hypo's 88 Town Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used a de-greaser product called "mean green" , "simple green" or "purple power" will work also I just used that, elbow grease and an assortment of stiff bristled and wire brushes, some by hand some in a drill .

For the A/C bracket I used a blue "scotch brite " to get the shiny brushed aluminum look
    sigpic

1988 Signature Series Town Car

Comment

It looks great. I will be doing the same for sure just painting the compressor bracket as opposed to making it shinier. I like simple green so I will be using that. Once I am done with all of my under-hood painting I will definitely be cleaning my engine like you did!
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

looking good mang I know it's been said but I really love how clean it is under the hood reminds me of when these car were brandy new looks great

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
        302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
        k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Thanks Mang
          sigpic

Comment

I realized I had never posted a dash pic showing off my nice un-cracked dash pad

And while I was snapping pics I though I would show my headlight bezel modification,
            I removed the little lenses and painted the recess black.
            Attached Files
            sigpic

Comment

I love that dashboard. Do all late box Towny dashboards look like that? Never driven one.
              sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
                I love that dashboard. Do all late box Towny dashboards look like that? Never driven one.
                Pretty much all box Town Cars , they used different types of woodgrain and trim in different years and of course digital and non digital dashes.
                sigpic

Comment

I like the black behind the lens. I think some cars had lights in them! Does yours? I cannot tell.
                  ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                    I like the black behind the lens. I think some cars had lights in them! Does yours? I cannot tell.
                    No lights in mine , normally they are chrome behind the lens but when they are around a while they get dust and miscellaneous road grime behind them and they look icky .

In 89 they painted the back of the lens black like this Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01625.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	1264965
                    Which is a nice look , but I like the added depth that my set up has
                    sigpic

Comment

lol i wonder how many of us have those cupholders
                      sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Originally posted by hypostang View Post
                        I realized I had never posted a dash pic showing off my nice un-cracked dash pad

And while I was snapping pics I though I would show my headlight bezel modification,
                        I removed the little lenses and painted the recess black.
                        i put lights inside mine

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by Lincolnmania View Post
                          i put lights inside mine
                          Is there a "How to" write up ? I think that would be cool to do .
                          sigpic

Comment

I added a later model dome light , it is a direct bolt in after trimming a little tab , and it is markedly brighter .

They come in a many different colors , mine is actually dark gray but in the pics it looks mauve :confused:
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by hypostang; 05-19-2011, 08:07 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Saying "mauve" makes me laugh. So the map lights are built into the dome light?
                              ~David~

Comment

yeah a flash will do that.

Comment

Working...
                                X