My 1991 GM Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 1991 GM Build

So I've been asking alot of questions regarding the build of my car so I figure I'd formaly introduce the car and the project.

Pictures:

About the car: Im just the 2nd owner of the car. It was bought new by my grand parents. They kept it up great until there health failed. As time past it just was never driven. My grandma always kept the car incase anyone in the family needed it. Sadly they have both moved on to a better place, and now I have the car.

The project: I want to turn this car into what I think the Marauder would have been in 1991. H.O. swap one day. better trans mission posi trac rear end. I shall call it the Grand Marauder.

There are thinks that need to fixed as of now to get it road ready. It drives foward but no reverse. Thats my biggest goal right now the transmission. I need new tires and a new spare.(dry rot). Im replacing the belts just to be safe. Its has a new battery now . But it went dead last time I took ti around the block so I'm gettting the alternator tested.

The fuel gage is acting up. Put a gallon of gas in went from E-F.

Body needs work dent in the left rear fender. A little rust on the right and that top has got to go.

Last time I drove she seemed a little loose in the turns. I hope the new tires fix that.

Well that is all... Good Night and God BLess

Welcome and you have some hell of a job a head of ya'. Keep us posted as this will be cool watching it progress.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Wow Lots of work ahead of you. Glad to see one getting fixed up instead of going to the crusher. Body dosent look to bad aside from the dent and little bit of rust

1980 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Signature Series
      351 4 bbl, AOD, 3.08 open
      duel exhaust with cherry bombs

Comment

Any serious frame rust to deal with?
        '79 Continental Town Car
        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Frame is a ok.

Tomorrow things are to start getting tested. By that I mean the alt is gonig in to make sure its good. And since I have it off going to replace the belts as well. And if things go well start dropping the AOD. That will be my first time removing a transmission.

Comment

If the alternator test bad replace it with a 3g alternator. That will give you 130 or so amps to play withz and ensure the car wont go up in flames because it eliminates the spade connectors as the charge cables.
            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
            my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

video of idle and rev dont mind me installing the air filter in the middle of the video//

Comment

YAY!! finally got my 3g installed and running. Transmission just got rebuilt. Since its running well my next stop is the slick top.

Comment

Working...
                X