My 99 Police Interceptor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 99 Police Interceptor

I picked this car up from a buddy's coworker for $450. The car needed a starter before it could make the 30 mile trip to my house. Since it made it to my house it has recieved the following parts. It is an ex-state trooper car. It has 300831 miles on it.

Gas tank and straps + new gas strainer
    Newer steering column to fix shakey loose wheel and airbag light
    New power steering pump
    Newer ignition coils off a 07
    Fresh tranny fluid and filter
    Fuel filter
    Fresh oil and filter
    New spark plugs

I plan on it being my winter car and storing the 87 for the winter. It has been undercoated since being at the house getting fixed up.
    Attached Files
    2018 F150 XLT 43k
    1970 Buick GS 455 Stage 1 44k
    1968 Buick Riviera

Looks like it has been sitting a while. A good cleaning should get her looking respectable again.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I cleaned it up as best i could the day it got to my house. Was sitting under some pine trees so sap and needles were stuck to it and it still has spots of hard sap on it. The driver window wont open from the sap i believe. I will post some newer pics when i get a chance.
      2018 F150 XLT 43k
      1968 Buick Riviera

Comment

$450 is a good deal.
        '79 Continental Town Car
        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Has a small crack in the frame but i have a buddy that can weld it at his machine shop. I still have to fix

The exhaust has a leak up front
          Transmission eventually
          *Outer Tie Rod Ends
          *Right Rear ABS Speed Sensor
          Steering Gear has a leak at the pitman arm
          *Parking brake shoes + hardware kit
          Horn
          Wiper motor doesn't park right
          Need to replace most of the dash lights
          Power steering is there but it comes and goes when you turn the wheel which i believe if from the leaking lines

*i have but need to install
          2018 F150 XLT 43k
          1968 Buick Riviera

Comment

Nice! That's exactly what I would look for. Except perhaps, I would get a CV from a detective or Captain or whatever LEO that does a lot of desk duty. To me, a 5.4L swap shouldn't be so bad in one of those cars.

Packman

Comment

I did forget to mention it was a taxi after it was retired and auctioned off so thats probably most of the mileage on the car. The car had 297645 miles on it when the guy i bought it from titled it and he had it since august of 08 it was inspected till august of 09 since the inspection sticker on it is for 09 he only used it the one year after buying it and put on 3156 miles. I did take a newer video of it since doing the listed repairs. Heres the link to it and a few newer pics of it as it sits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfOBg0DKzc0
              Attached Files
              2018 F150 XLT 43k
              1968 Buick Riviera

Comment

Well i went to move it out of the garage tonight to work on my buddys car since his wheel was about to fall off and the transmission is fried. Wouldn't move so we gunned it a little and it moved then gunned it back up the driveway since my neighbors are dicks and will call on me having a non plated car in the driveway. I will be looking in m&m this week for a transmission. I need this car for winter so i gotta hurry and get it going.
                2018 F150 XLT 43k
                1968 Buick Riviera

Comment

Working...
                X