Creamy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats mang, WELL deserved!

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Inner bumper powder coated in gloss black wanted flat black but only had gloss. Decided to coat the part that can be seen through the slot with rubberized under coat.

Click image for larger version

Name:	more 008.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	217.2 KB
ID:	1276865 Click image for larger version

Name:	more 009.JPG
Size:	213.5 KB
ID:	1276866
      Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

bETWEEN RAIN STORMS INSTALLED NEW 6X9 SPEAKERS IN THE REAR DECK. The old ones were originaly installed in my Blue GM. The front speakers are next as I HAD TO GLUE THE WOFFER CONEs to the rubber as they ripped loose.
        It cool how much he new speakes make the existing old ones sound like shit. Hearing things in the music I HAVE BEEN MISSING FOR YEARS.
        i MAY install 6x9s in the doors will have to check it out.

Comment

2000 Grand Marquis LS HPP, a hand-me-down in 2008 with 128,000 km; 175,000 km as of July 2014
          mods: air filter box 'tuba', headlight relay harness, J-mod (around 186,350 km), 70mm throttle body, KYB Gas-A-Just shocks, aluminum driveshaft, ARA3 PCM

Comment

I couldnt find sonys as good as the old ones. Couldnt find the pioneers I mentioned in another post guessing they were discontinued found these. before there all replaced is going to take a lot of playing around with the equlizer but into my unit. seting up fade and ballance is fairly easy as there is an auto adjust using mic thats part of the unit. Might even be able to use the mike to set a equlizer too. It s been a while since I fooled wit hall that stuff.
            Actually my favorite was setting the auto volume. Set it to a predetermined volume say like windows up roll them down and volume would automaticly increase to over come wind and road noise. What was funny about it was my girl friend would keep talking louder and louder the stero kept getting louder and louder too.

Name:	SPEAKERS 004.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	1277387
            Last edited by turbo2256b; 04-25-2015, 09:38 PM.

Comment

If the old lady could see the GM now lol!
              Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

The attention to detail on this car blows my mind. Always has!
                1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

What were the part numbers on the shocks and coil overs you run? Also what coils?

I just put in #925lb coils in the front with GR2s all around. PI rear bar and stock front bar with poly everything. All front suspension is poly aswell.

Rides like floaty and shitty stock. Hate it.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
                  The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
                  It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobcat View Post
                    What were the part numbers on the shocks and coil overs you run? Also what coils?

I just put in #925lb coils in the front with GR2s all around. PI rear bar and stock front bar with poly everything. All front suspension is poly aswell.

Have to do some research. The still make my shocks but have changed the number of adjustments still the same range but like fewer settings in between. IE new ones 1 click is like 1.5 clicks on mine. I looked it up once don't know if I MARKED IT ON MY QA1 catalog

Comment

Originally posted by Bobcat View Post

Funny, when I did the 925 and poly swap, it stiffened it up a bit from stock. No more floating on the highway. That was with the crappy Monroe Sensa-craps on all fours. The Bilsteins made it more stiff. I guess different cars have different needs.

Packman

Comment

Next step is 1200lb coils, if I can't find a good shock that will keep it from floating. Before that, I need to get rid of the balloon tires... That may be a key part of the issue.

Because racecar, I also don't mind a hard ride; if it handles like a dream.

1985.03 Crown Vic. Coupe "CVGT" Build thread - china whirlybird, burnout machine.
                        The only 6 speed box on a late model frame.

Originally posted by SVT98t
                        It has air ride. I've disabled it since I've been jacking it up and down.

That is how you're supposed to jack it.

Up and down.

-ryan s.

Comment

Pump the tires up to near max psi, 44 or whatever it is. On my car they were around 32psi when I got it and it rode terrible. I've got cheapo Monroe Monro-matic shock on it, but they're fine for original springs over the dead original shocks, and the new shocks helped but still bad. I pumped up the tires to 42 psi (2 under max) and it handled a lot better, didn't float as much and steering response improved. I think the proper inflation helped as much or more than the new shocks did.

At work we get a different truck every day, depending on what size delivery we have so the truck I had one day was driving like crap, front end float around corners so bad I couldn't keep it at the speed limit and be stable. I pulled into a Casey's and checked the front tires, they were at 50 psi so I pumped them up to 70 psi (80 max which is what the rears are kept at) and it was a night and day difference, and it got better mileage like that too.

I realize you're smart enough to know this, but sometimes you forget simple things like tire pressure. If you think your springs/shock aren't stiff enough then I'm sure max tire pressure won't kill the ride, unless they're old and drying out. I remember when I put new tires on my truck to replace the dry rotting bald ones. That was a night and day difference, I could hit bumps that I used to brace for and I would barely feel them with the new tires.
                          88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                          Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Yeah I don't think I've ever run less than 40psi

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                            160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                            waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Oh yeah, the tires. I have fairly low profile tires for the summer. That made it handle the curves real nicely. Even with the turbines and Winterforce tires, it wasn't so bad, just couldn't take the parkway hairpin exit at 50mph anymore. Oddly, I have the turbines on my Ranger and they grip the road pretty well for what they are.

Packman

Comment

wELL THE NEW HOSE HAD ALUMINUM ends couldnt resist

Name:	AC 001.jpg
Size:	112.6 KB
ID:	1277563 Click image for larger version

Name:	AC 002.jpg
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	1277564

Comment

Working...