No announcement yet.

Creamy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I set up the attachments so that the seats can be set up in three different locations on the rail.
    Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Yeah, that can make a nice difference. I drilled extra front holes in my bench sliders since these Mustang seats have the flexibility of six rear mounting holes, and while they still ended up too tall, the ability to go a bit farther back did help.

You know something I just remembered? I always disliked sitting in the passenger seat when my Colony Park was completely stock, because the manual slider just seemed to put the seat up too high! Didn't have that problem with the dual-power-seat '79 Squire.
      Last edited by 1987cp; 10-10-2011, 11:48 AM.
      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Very, very nice!!! If I ever get around to swapping engines, I am seriously considering building a set of long-tubes. Out of curiosity, how did you weld the collectors?

Packman

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
          Very, very nice!!! If I ever get around to swapping engines, I am seriously considering building a set of long-tubes. Out of curiosity, how did you weld the collectors?

Packman
          They are slip fit into the collector

Comment

What kind of paint did you use on the tranny?

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Originally posted by mitymerc View Post
              What kind of paint did you use on the tranny?

Most all the silver paint on creamy is Rust Bullet.

Comment

Does it stand up well to gas\grease\heat?Thanks

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Originally posted by mitymerc View Post
                  Does it stand up well to gas\grease\heat?Thanks
                  It dosent do wrll with heat about like most paint possibly a little better than most. Have it on engine parts with no issues. Some engine stuff intake and other aluminum parts are primered with it.

Once it is applied and drys you either sand it off as no solvent will remove it. It is a better version of POR paint. Brake fluid wont do much to it either. Typicaly when heavly coated with dirt road grime grease oil etc what dosent come off with soap can be removed with any solvent. I have sprayed don the trans with carb cleaner or brake clean as well as acitone thinners

Comment

Suspension front:
                    Front is currently 1000 lbs springs and coil over shocks. Pic shows shock and spring but waiting on "wheels" before installing coil over springs and bigger brakes. Adico front bar and poly bushings and mounts.
                    Lower control arms are PI uppers are stock but PI ball joints.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1045.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	1267921

Name:	094.jpg
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	1267922
                    Last edited by turbo2256b; 10-16-2011, 09:24 PM.

Comment

Where did you get the 1000# coilovers? They are hot!
                      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Actually I goof up a bit those are 800# ones shown the 1000s are still in boxes. Think the 1000# ones are Ebach.. 800s are QA1 if I remember right.

Comment

omg i want everything you have. I love the coilovers and that engine bay is so sweet!
                          2002 Nissan Maxima 6spd 14.2@98mph "it may or may not be street legal"
                          2009 Chevy HHR Panel - My office
                          1988 Lincoln Town Car - The new love of my life

Comment

Rear suspension: Double adjustable QA1s 350 lbs springs. Tublar upper and lower adjustable control arms. Addico rear sway bar is custom mounted.

Name:	1042.jpg
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	1267948

Name:	1043.jpg
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	1267949

Comment

ok... that's pretty... want... but would so be wasted on my car.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                              Originally posted by gadget73
                              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                              Originally posted by dmccaig
                              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Looks convenient ... but I don't see a swaybar in that picture?

Reminds me, I noticed today or yesterday that either a Trailblazer or Highlander or something similar had a Watt's link. Kind of surprising, compared to the days when wagons got no rear swaybar!
                                2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Working...
                                X