No announcement yet.

The MegaMerc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super deal on the vehicle in the first place!
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Replaced tha a/c-thermactor belt yesterday. It looks perfectly fine, but after the shenannigans @ SF I thought it might be a good idea.

Swapping in the TransGo modified shift gov. Their tech sppt guys are awsome!

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Installed the hi rev shift governor Sunday. No tach, but the butt meter says good...

Btw, TransGo tech sppt & customer service is top notch.

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

Cool, so the problem all along was the governator? Wonder what exactly had gone bad in there.

Didn't you tell me you had pulled that unit out of a car that was parked for a non-shifting trans? Might be worth stabbing the stock shift governor in that just to see if the trans comes back to life.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
            Cool, so the problem all along was the governator? Wonder what exactly had gone bad in there.

Didn't you tell me you had pulled that unit out of a car that was parked for a non-shifting trans? Might be worth stabbing the stock shift governor in that just to see if the trans comes back to life.
            Turned out there was dirt in the tiny valve that lives in the center of Arnold. TransGo replaced it no charge & covered the return shipping as well.

Yeah, the blue wagon (as yet unnamed) is probably going to be ok. We are slowly working on the 5.0 LX for my son to drive. After that it will be a matter of cleaning 5 years of accumulated crap out of & from under the car. Then reassy the tranny, reinstall, reassy the exhaust, & procure a lead acid voltage storage device.

Comment

Picked up a "new" axel @ the yard today, now redoing a window motor. Also got some friction modifier. Will do the axel tomorrow.

Comment

[QUOTE=mitymerc;764208]Picked up a "new" axel @ the yard today, now redoing a window motor. Also got some friction modifier. Will do the axel tomorrow.[/QUOTE

Axle....]

Comment

So, a seal & wheel brg have now failed... luckily the brg took out the axle that I was replacing anyway.

Adv auto wants a $170.00 deposit for a freaking loaner slidehammer!

Comment

Harbor Freight maybe ?
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Yeah, I thought about that, I don't usually need much of an excuse to buy a new tool.

Fundage is limited @ this juncture....

Took longer to go to Pep Boys & borrow it than it took to remove them...

I don't have an installer though.....

Comment

Found a piece of some long forgotten thing next to my press that "might" work, maybe I should stop for now before I create an irreversable situation w/my new brgs....

Comment

You can drive them in with a suitable size hunk of pipe and a hammer if needed. Big sockets work too, if you've got one the right size. For removing them, I've seen them driven out from the opposite side using a pipe through the whole axle housing. Carrier needs to come out for that though.

Comment

I couldn't find anything laying around in the garage. I will try to scrounge something afterwork. It has to be back together & running tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by mitymerc View Post
                              I couldn't find anything laying around in the garage. I will try to scrounge something afterwork. It has to be back together & running tonight.
                              I meant Sun nite....

Comment

Rpl'd seals, brgs, & axle. Wimped out & added a bottle of Friction Modifier.

Comment

Working...
                                X