No announcement yet.

The MegaMerc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The MM took me to the semi finals in the street class today, then I blew it w/a redlight...

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

I bought what appeared to be the last police/towing fan clutch (Matt pointed out that it was failing on one of our roadside stops @ SF) from Rockauto.
      Rock suggested a fan clutch tool, is a "special" tool necessary?

87 Ford LTD Crown Victoria Country Squire Station Wagon. 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, Boxed LCA's, Explorer Intake, 65mm T-body, 'Stang Cam, 'Stang Air tube, K&N, GT-40X Heads, 1" Spacer, 1 5/8 BBK's, 2.5" Pypes X-pipe w/high flow cats, Single Chamber Thunderbolts, B&M 'vertor, Po-lice Swaybars.

91 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park Station Wagon. K-Code, 4.10's, Repacked Trac Loc, MK VII LSC Engine, 'Stang Upper Intake, Stang Air Tube, K&N, 65 mm T-Body, 'Stang Headers, 'Stang Cat Pipe,'Stang Torque Convertor, 2 Chamber Thunderbolts.

Comment

special tool? I wouldn't consider a 10mm box end wrench a special tool. Even the 4.6L engines that use the "special tool" to turn that one massive nut worth of a shaft on the fan clutch isn't needed if you have a large enough adjustable wrench and a hammer. Just leave the belt on.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Cool, Thanks Sly

Comment

What he said. It just bolts on the front of the pulley, nothing other than the proper size wrench needed. A long wrench makes it easier. Just make sure it either pilots on the water pump snugly or has the spacer bushing to make it fit right.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Did the fan clutch yesterday. Also replaced the highbeams. The old ones were plastic housings & really foggy.

Comment

Passed emission & safety inspections. Yay!

Comment

Did a coolant flush & fill last weekend.

Comment

Put the snows on yesterday.

The brakes had been feeling "grabby" since the axle seals spewed on the brake shoes. I unloaded a can of brake cleaner on them till the runoff was clear. So I attributed it to contaminated pads. Monday night I heard/felt the dreaded grind. I knew the pads were thin, but one inboard pad was down to the backing plate. I don't have time to do the BB swap right now, so I ordered inexpensive pads....

Comment

I love drum brakes.
                      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Well that makes one of us.
                        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Actually I dodged that one, it is the pads that crapped, although for some strange reason the shoes are thin & have stress fractures.........

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                            Well that makes one of us.
                            That was sarcasm.
                            1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                            Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Nothing wrong with drums, assuming their properly cleaned and adjusted.
                              2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                              2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                              2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                              1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Marquis GT View Post
                                That was sarcasm.
                                Sarcasm?

You?

Comment

Working...
                                X