Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My $600 1989 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series(Beverely)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
    New Joisy actually checks gas caps on old junk?
    yes. I've failed for it before. Been running through for years with no smog pump and it passes with flying colors. They don't look for missing stuff, other than the converters. If its got what look like cats and it passes the sniffer (pre-96), it gets a gas cap check and out you go. No safety inspection at all. The visual is a joke. I could weld heat shields on my pipes and have it pass most likely. They never even open the hood down here.

I run converters for 2 reasons. one, it makes it pass. two, it makes it not stink. I dislike the smell of un-catted exhaust. I also don't like the smell of race fuel and i really hate the stench of diesel. I just don't like smelling engines.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I don't think my fuel cap is going to fail me... It's a NON-VENTED METAL CAP

No evap system, whoohoo!
      1997 Lincoln Town Car Executive Series - Charlene

Saved from a tragic fate, planned mild restoration. Now with working heat, perfect for the cold winter!

Comment

Originally posted by Midnight Drifter View Post

No evap system, whoohoo!

it shouldnt fail you for that becuase i replaced it the day before i sold the car to you hence why it is so shiny.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
        -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
        1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

No evap system, whoohoo!
          Hate to break it to ya, but you have one of those too...

Comment

So, is the brake line done? Did you get her all cleaned up?
            2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
            2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
            Past Panthers
            1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
            if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

brake line is hooked up just need to bleed the brakes and see how the brakes are. the front brakes were totally redone with new calipers, new rotors, new wheel bearings, new brake pads.

i dont have a metal cap as a fuel cap mine is the same as yours john the kind that screws on and clicks clicks lol. my old merc had a metal cap.

-Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
              1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

Originally posted by MattsTownCarSS View Post
                brake line is hooked up just need to bleed the brakes and see how the brakes are. the front brakes were totally redone with new calipers, new rotors, new wheel bearings, new brake pads.

Sweet! Progress has begun!
                2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                Past Panthers
                1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                  Hate to break it to ya, but you have one of those too...
                  Yeah, i got ahead of myself. No real clue what an evap system is, or how it works, but the cap is indeed brand new. Thanks, Matt, for making getting my car legal just a mite easier.
                  1997 Lincoln Town Car Executive Series - Charlene

Saved from a tragic fate, planned mild restoration. Now with working heat, perfect for the cold winter!

Comment

Yeah, i got ahead of myself. No real clue what an evap system is, or how it works, but the cap is indeed brand new. Thanks, Matt, for making getting my car legal just a mite easier.

well brakes are bled and all done the car stops nice now. now to save up for the disc brakes conversion for the back. for some reason sometimes my car doesnt crank when turning the key to crank postion i am betting its the ignition switch.

Comment

I told you to replace it.

Comment

too bad the aero switch won't fit... I have a spare one of those.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
                        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
                        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by slymer View Post
                          too bad the aero switch won't fit... I have a spare one of those.
                          The aeros use the same ignition switch.

Comment

just purchased new parts a new window motor for my fucked up driver side window, and a new ignition switch plus por 15 rust preventive paint for the frame.

how do you replace the window motor on a town car. never replaced a window motor.

Comment

Originally posted by MattsTownCarSS View Post
                              just purchased new parts a new window motor for my fucked up driver side window, and a new ignition switch plus por 15 rust preventive paint for the frame.

how do you replace the window motor on a town car. never replaced a window motor.
                              Why did you waste your money on a china motor?

Take the door panel off. Make sure you remove all of the hidden screws.

Drill the 3 dimples on the door big enough so you can fit a 5/16" 1/4 drive socket. Unbolt the 3 bolts, unplug it...

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                                Why did you waste your money on a china motor?

Take the door panel off. Make sure you remove all of the hidden screws.

Drill the 3 dimples on the door big enough so you can fit a 5/16" 1/4 drive socket. Unbolt the 3 bolts, unplug it...

didnt get a china motor i got one from standard there parts are made in the us.

Comment

Working...
                                X