Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TL's newly modded DD

Took a rough hit.

Yes, that's the timing gears and chain out in the open.

Dunno if it's a total loss or not yet.

what kinda car was that? and what the hell did you hit?

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

More pics here pre-mod so you can see what it was:

http://www.supermotors.net/registry/20962

It took a direct hit from a lifted truck in the front right side, and lost.
      Last edited by torquelover; 01-15-2012, 12:02 PM.

Comment

As jacked up as that car was before it got hit, I'd be hoping for a total loss if I were you.

I'm hoping everyone is OK ?
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
          As jacked up as that car was before it got hit, I'd be hoping for a total loss if I were you.

I'm hoping everyone is OK ?
          I am leaning towards hoping for it, too. However the adjuster did not claim it a total loss upon sight of it and had it moved to a facility that can tear it down to better estimate the damage. Apparently keeping it OCD-clean and dent/scratch free combined with low mileage for the year is going to hurt me here. I am going back out tomorrow to take a closer look at it.

I am a little sore, but other than that I am just fine.
          Last edited by torquelover; 01-15-2012, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Sorry to hear greg mike told me about it hope your ok you were close to paying it off too

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
            302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
            k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Originally posted by gabegt90 View Post
              Sorry to hear greg mike told me about it hope your ok you were close to paying it off too
              Yes, almost paid off. Usually this kind of thing happens just after it's paid off, not right before, lol. I am fine, have a seat belt burn on my left collarbone and my back is a little sore, but that's it.

Comment

Did the air-bags go off??
                '79 Continental Town Car
                '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Open-Air timing chain? Nice. Lets you run manual VVT.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
                  160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
                  waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
                    Did the air-bags go off??
                    For some reason the driver's airbag blew, and it blew late, too. First crunch, then me saying a four-letter word, then pop it blew. No reason for it to blow, as I was hit directly on the right side at a 90* angle. Good news is I had my hands at 10 and 2 and my hands/wrists/arms were unhurt. This car did not come with the optional side impact and curtain airbags. They came standard the next model year.

Comment

That'll buff out. Good thing you're unhurt. Although, you could've just fallen out of the door and started "screaming" in pain.

And if you had "lost control" of your bladder, that could've been a couple hundred dollars more for humiliation.

sigpic
                      - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarquis View Post
                        That'll buff out. Good thing you're unhurt. Although, you could've just fallen out of the door and started "screaming" in pain.

And if you had "lost control" of your bladder, that could've been a couple hundred dollars more for humiliation.
                        LOL, it took a couple people to get my door open. I should have just climbed out the passenger side. I guess I could have just sat there screaming? I had to get to work, so showing up with soiled pants would have been miserable.

Comment

With the hood as-it-is, you can now install that roots blower. I'm glad you're alright. Perhaps get your P72 back?

Packman

Comment

Got a really cheap place to store it?
                            2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                              Got a really cheap place to store it?
                              I am working on talking a friend of mine into erecting some semi-permanent structures in order to do so. Seems he needs to get a new micro-minivan into his main garage first.

On other news, dropped by the body shop today, and with the head and block being fractured, along with the other damages, it's a total loss.

RIP.

Comment

Working...
                              X