New unexpected MGM today, ready to mod it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New unexpected MGM today, ready to mod it

Got a call from a friend saying i have to look at this car, i got a great deal on it so i didnt pass it up. Its a 2003 with 15,600 miles, i like my 85 much more but over the years these model years are growing on me, i want to do exhaust first, Im trying to figure out the dual exhaust set ups by what people are doin on here, slp mufflers i want for sure and marauder tips( having trouble locating those) a nice set of mustang wheels mach 1 lip and marauder rear spoiler.

sorry for poor pic quality, it was 8 degrees in buffalo ny when i brought the car home

1985 Crown Victoria Tudor
    1990 Mustang LX 5.0 conv
    1996 F250 Power Stroke
    2004 Mustang GT conv

sorry, i posted this in wrong section
    1990 Mustang LX 5.0 conv
    1996 F250 Power Stroke
    2004 Mustang GT conv

Comment

Nice1 dude. I bought my '01 GM last year and it had 37k on it. I also want to dual it out with Marauder tips but have been hella broke to afford it. Is your a LS or GS? Mine is a GS with single exhaust. I am also looking at a set of stang bullitt wheels, like on my mustang. I need to win the lottery. Ha.

Post up when you get the duals figured out cuz atm I have no idea the best course & plan of action
      '01 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 4.6L
      '01 Ford Mustang GT 4.6L

Comment

IMO, 2003-2005 have the best looking front-fascia compared to the other whale GM's.
        '79 Continental Town Car
        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by Cadillacmob View Post
          sorry, i posted this in wrong section

Nice ride.

What section do you want it in? One of the mods will move it for you.
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Just try Stainless Works for your exhaust setup.
            They offer a full stainless steel catback system with "Marauder-like" 24" tips which have a pretty nice growl.....
            I got my catback for my 2003 MGM last September and I am more than happy with it.
            No hassle with the computer as I left the catalysators where they are.
            Maybe SW sells the tips also separately ?

JoJo

Comment

Nice car! Looks like the Spruce Green one. You'll love the handling with the new frame and steering.

Comment

If your going to go with marauder tips though, I would go with 3 or 3.5 inch, anything bigger/smaller doesnt look near as good (bigger is worse then smaller). Any 24 inch rolled edge tip will do, I used cherry bomb stainless ones but i know magnaflow makes one too and im sure theres many more out there
                79 Grand Marquis

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                  Nice ride.

What section do you want it in? One of the mods will move it for you.
                  Thanks for the move , i didn't even see the readers rides section!

and yes GrumpMarky it is spruce green
                  1990 Mustang LX 5.0 conv
                  1996 F250 Power Stroke
                  2004 Mustang GT conv

Comment

i just finished my exhaust today, yesterday i unbolted the factory y pipe and cat back and put on a walker h pipe. Today i took it to the exhaust shop and had them make 2 tails with 22 inch stainless tips 3.5 outlet, no mufflers. It sounds awesome, almost identical to my mustang with slp.
                    1990 Mustang LX 5.0 conv
                    1996 F250 Power Stroke
                    2004 Mustang GT conv

Comment

Nice MGM! Which car are you gonna mod? Are you going to store one away and daily drive the other? Just curious.

Packman

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
                        Nice MGM! Which car are you gonna mod? Are you going to store one away and daily drive the other? Just curious.

Packman
                        im not sure yet what i want to do, i never planned on getting another marquis but i got my 03 for 2200$ and i was not about to pass it up for that price. Im not driving the 85 in the salt so its just sitting in my drive way. Its never seen a winter so im not gonna start now.

I washed both my mercury's today though since its a nice sunny day here

1990 Mustang LX 5.0 conv
                        1996 F250 Power Stroke
                        2004 Mustang GT conv

Comment

Very nice X2!

"Hope and dignity are two things NO ONE can take away from you - you have to relinquish them on your own" Miamibob

"NEVER trade your passion for glory"!! Sal "the Bard" (Dear Old Dad!)

"Cars are for driving - PERIOD! I DON'T TEXT, TWEET OR TWERK!!!!"

Comment

Both Grand Marquis are sharp looking. Looks like you did a good job on your dual exhaust on the '03! Both look clean. Your fortunate to be able to wash both of them in the dead of winter like this!

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by MattDoscher View Post
                              Both Grand Marquis are sharp looking. Looks like you did a good job on your dual exhaust on the '03! Both look clean. Your fortunate to be able to wash both of them in the dead of winter like this!

Matt
                              Thanks, the 03 sounds real mean im gonna post a vid soon of the exhaust.

This is very unusuall for a buffalo ny winter, it rained a few days ago so there is no salt on the roads. it was so nice i drove my mustang . Im still waiting for the big bash of winter weather
                              1990 Mustang LX 5.0 conv
                              1996 F250 Power Stroke
                              2004 Mustang GT conv

Comment

Working...
                              X