Natehawk 1985 cv re-birth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Natehawk 1985 cv re-birth

OK guys she's been sitting few a few years....She still runs great just needing a good paint job and body work here and there.....Im dropping the Marauder wheels for a set of Cragar SS wheels 17"....I have the big brake swap up front so cant go smaller then 16" anyway....I have a few questions....I need to replace my passenger over axle tale pipe in which I know the impy tails work for us but the one I do see on Summit Racing says driver side only....Any one can point me in the right direction on this one?

I just ordered a new off road H-pipe b/c the one I had was brought used years ago when Scott installed it for me but now im going new.

I'll be removing the soft top b/c im tired of cracks on soft tops after a few years. Adding pinstrip and no damn side molding this time.....

Im swapping my rear tail lights back over to the CV ones, I have another set of the ones with the LTD logo on them but the other ones look alot cleaner so I'll just use those for now...

Now the last thing I need is a rear bumper...I found a used parts dealer based out in FL but they want almost $400 for a rear bumper and the guy says its in real good condition....I have checked all the u pull it yards and a few other yards and the ones I found were damaged.....Any leads or anyone that may have one for sale let me know...Here is a few quick pics plenty more to follow she will be going to the exhaust shop in a week and then off to the paint shop...

any leads for any parts that may help please feel free to comment or respond...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by NATEHAWK; 03-25-2012, 12:19 PM.
    The Best
    Past and Present Any Questions...................

its good to hear that your giving the box vic life again!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
      its good to hear that your giving the box vic life again!
      Yea man that one drive the other night was all the inspiration I needed......The car just has that old school feel with the power of the 351 and 4 barrel carb.....cant beat it...Oh yeah thats after I had to replace the driver door lock for the 100th time lol....Damn door locks go bad all the time just mainly the driver one...I always get em used thou....Where can you get them new from? I would like to have a few on standby for my front doors...
      The Best

Comment

send it up for poly body mounts and rear discs and rear poly bushings and undercoating sometime mang
        that old 351 still running?

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

I wanna see this car in person!!! I hear it's a beast! I'll keep an eye out in the yards for a bumper for you. Would you want with rub strips or without?

Comment

he wants one with strips john

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

AH, so you do still have it. Was wondering if you got brainwashed with all those rounded cars and gave up on the box.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I saw it once and it was magnificant.

-ryan s.
                08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                Originally posted by pantera77
                Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                  I wanna see this car in person!!! I hear it's a beast! I'll keep an eye out in the yards for a bumper for you. Would you want with rub strips or without?
                  Man honestly right now I'll take either or. My search has been far and long lol.
                  The Best

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                    AH, so you do still have it. Was wondering if you got brainwashed with all those rounded cars and gave up on the box.
                    Just been working, had a baby girl she's almost 2 years old now and got married finally. So I haven't had too much time. But the Marauder is sitting at 545 rwhp last Dyno. Picked up a 01 CV as a daily driver. And now it's the LTD's time to shine.
                    The Best

Comment

Originally posted by SVT98t View Post
                      I saw it once and it was magnificant.

-ryan s.
                      Thanks man
                      The Best

Comment

Originally posted by Lincolnmania View Post
                        send it up for poly body mounts and rear discs and rear poly bushings and undercoating sometime mang
                        that old 351 still running?
                        Will do soon. Ya still doing body work and painting?
                        The Best

Comment

Scottfest appearance with 85 Box mang?

Comment

Hey Nate,what are your plans for the wheels you have on the LTD now???
                            '88' MGM wagon (mine and my sons toy)
                            "60" chrysler New Yorker (my project)
                            "78" Chevy 1 Ton P/U (yard horse)
                            "01" Ford Explorer (wifes DD)
                            "93" Chevy Suburban (my DD)

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                              Scottfest appearance with 85 Box mang?
                              Thats the plan!
                              The Best

Comment

Working...
                              X