No announcement yet.

1982 Mercury Marquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

after putting i believe about 3 coats on the center section and letting it dry i started putting the chrome back on. little by litle is was coming together until i realized the long bottom section was dinged on both mine and his. i opted to go with his. i spent a good half hour on teh couple little ones on it and got it looking pretty damn straight. unfortunately this one actually has corrosion in the scratches where it was dinged. im gonna try to straighten mine as my chrome is better condition, but it has a bigger dent in it. either way. its MUCH better than the condition when i bought the car.

first trial fit of it on the car. for some reason it was a bit of a tight fit. everything lined up but had to do a good bit of wiggling around to get it to seat properly.
    Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
    Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
    Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

annnnd heres the finished product.. got it all tightened down and lined up real nice. the only thing missing is i gotta mask off the silver fin stripes and tint these things. i really liked my tinted tail lights and they looked good on the car. but i forgot about doing it until they were already back in, so that needs done still. but gotta say im liking how the black turned out, i wasnt expecting it to look that good.. i never have good luck when i try to "improve" things, but its got a real nice subtle shine to it just enough. not bad for a 96 cent can out spray paint.

first test with the triple socket setup and it looks sweeeeeet!.. again much easier than i expected it to be and turned out just as good as id hoped. they even all worked on the first try too. now since i have all 3 the same in, i can work on getting my sequentials wired and setup. still ion the process of getting the circuit working.

night shot with the triple setup and my new white LED plate light. (got pulled over for a blue one) so i was like.. meh ill just change it. who cares. if people cant see me turning now theyre fucking blind!.. these things are bright as hell even at day.

thats it for the light swap.. again id like to thank Julian for the lights. ive been looking ever since the accident back in feb. for them and he helped me out. the credit goes to him. its also nice to know these came from his famous silver Grand Marq

next up on the list is switching out the dome light, installing ditch lights and a 3g upgrade. ill keep you all up to date
      Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
      Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
      Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

Check out the silver paint markers, they will allow you to redo those lines without masking them off
        1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
        Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Nice! Good to see the progress. But in the last two posts your attachments don't work..
          -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

i just noticed that... they worked when i posted it. ill try to get that fixed

Comment

after putting i believe about 3 coats on the center section and letting it dry i started putting the chrome back on. little by litle is was coming together until i realized the long bottom section was dinged on both mine and his. i opted to go with his. i spent a good half hour on teh couple little ones on it and got it looking pretty damn straight. unfortunately this one actually has corrosion in the scratches where it was dinged. im gonna try to straighten mine as my chrome is better condition, but it has a bigger dent in it. either way. its MUCH better than the condition when i bought the car.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	0429131832.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	1272229

first trial fit of it on the car. for some reason it was a bit of a tight fit. everything lined up but had to do a good bit of wiggling around to get it to seat properly.

Name:	0429131854.jpg
Size:	106.2 KB
ID:	1272230

Comment

annnnd heres the finished product.. got it all tightened down and lined up real nice. the only thing missing is i gotta mask off the silver fin stripes and tint these things. i really liked my tinted tail lights and they looked good on the car. but i forgot about doing it until they were already back in, so that needs done still. but gotta say im liking how the black turned out, i wasnt expecting it to look that good.. i never have good luck when i try to "improve" things, but its got a real nice subtle shine to it just enough. not bad for a 96 cent can of spray paint.

Name:	0429131914.jpg
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	1272231

first test with the triple socket setup and it looks sweeeeeet!.. again much easier than i expected it to be and turned out just as good as id hoped. they even all worked on the first try too. now since i have all 3 the same in, i can work on getting my sequentials wired and setup. still ion the process of getting the circuit working.

Name:	0429132016.jpg
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	1272232

night shot with the triple setup and my new white LED plate light. (got pulled over for a blue one) so i was like.. meh ill just change it. who cares. if people cant see me turning now theyre fucking blind!.. these things are bright as hell even at day.

Name:	0429132223.jpg
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	1272233

thats it for the light swap.. again id like to thank Julian for the lights. ive been looking ever since the accident back in feb. for them and he helped me out. the credit goes to him. its also nice to know these came from his famous silver Grand Marq

next up on the list is switching out the dome light, installing ditch lights and a 3g upgrade. ill keep you all up to date

Comment

hopefully those attachments dont disappear again

Comment

I like that license plate light! It looks like something you would find on a brand new car

1989 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series | 249k miles, current project car
                    2018 BMW 430i xDrive M-Sport | 50k miles
                    2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport | 97k miles

Comment

its nice. i had my blue one in. but it wasnt too bright either, this one is pretty damn bright, its a 5smd 194 bulb

Comment

Glad you finally got those tails, mang. Great job on them!
                        Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Looks good!
                          2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                          2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                          Past Panthers
                          1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                          if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Good to hear your back in action mang! I never liked the idea of painting the fins of the lights. Thats why I gone with the gold 18th'' pin stripe

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                            1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                            1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                            2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                            2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

did you use pin striping on it? it was peeling in a couple places and i was wandering about that.. thats a good idea when i go to do it again!.. let me know where you got it.

Comment

Yea mang, pin strip. Its been years since I did them. Do you know any auto body supply stores? Usally they carry that stuff.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                                1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                                1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                                2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                                2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Working...
                                X